Tires Flat tire

/ Flat tire #21  
deep if u get those tires i think u may loose some torque. may loose your top gear with those tires when bushhogging or operating on a ahill.

Yeah this is something I'll have to consider, Plus my plans are to load the rear tires on which ever ones I do wind up with, this same person also has 11.2 x 24" tires/wheels for the same price, I think is choice of either set for 450, but for the money it seems that the larger set would be the best deal, Though it does makes sense to stay with a more suitable tire size for my size tractor, I have him getting measurements on both size tires,.... I recall seeing here a while back where someone compared the 11.2 to the 8.3 stood side by side the 11.2 is a good bit larger in height, exactly how much I don't know?
I think I'll pursue the 11.2 size tires, if anyone here would be interested in the larger ones here is the ad,
TRACTOR TIRES

/ Flat tire #22  
I see ur thoughts get the most for your money, but if he has that smaller set id go for those. thats closer to the size Cali has. He use to have his larger tires fully loaded but said the additional weight on them slowed him down and boggged him up while pulling a hill, so he only is loaded to half full.

/ Flat tire #23  
BBF, do you know what size ( width ) the rims are on your tractor? didn't you state that your tires are 9.5 x 24" ... reason asking is I just bought a set of 9.5 x 24 and hope they will fit the 8" wide rims on my tractor, Knowing if your rims are the same would certainly verify that this size tire will in fact mount on my tractors 8" rims, ..... about those larger tires & wheels I had looked at, The wheels didn't have the correct center hole size which is needed for my tractor, ( 3 3/4 )... the kubota wheels were 5 1/4 center hole, this would have put the hole into the area of the lug bolt holes and would'nt have fit, so I didn't pursue any further, instead I found a deal on some 9.5 tires for 200,

Last edited:
   / Flat tire #24  
I think my rims are 8x24? but not sure. My tires are 9.5s. But in my opinion they will go onto 8" rims even if that is not what size my rims are. If anything it will just make them taller and thinner.

/ Flat tire #25  
Yeah they will fit Deep I'm sure of it.

My tractor has 24" wheels not OE but thats what it came with... and they put 14.9x24 R-1's on and they fit fine the stock tire size was 11.2/12.5 or something like that dont recall at this moment.

/ Flat tire #26  
Yes they do fit......:thumbsup:., My son and I mounted them yesterday, However we manage to pinch one of the inner tubes so we patched it, although having to add an extreme amount of air into the tube (50 lbs) in attempt to get the tires bead to seat, apparently the patch didn't hold under that much pressure:cool: ( went flat over night )..... So! now I need to install a new inner tube, back to the tires themselves are certainly more size differences between the old 8.3 and the 9.5's than I thought would be, with being less than 1" left between the tire and the fender, it has set the tractor up approx 2" higher in the rear which was something I wanted to do, Remember a while back when I installed some 15" wheel/tires on the front, doing this added additional 2" height and more clearance to the front I hope all this extra height doesn't make it more susceptible to turn over, though it also seems to have a wider stance with the 9.5 tires,

/ Flat tire #27  
No Pics.:D

/ Flat tire #28  
Yeah fer sure.:D comparing the 2 sizes both front and rear, My apologies to you BBF if I have Hijacked your thread, I assure it wasn't intentional,:eek:

IMG_0630.JPGIMG_0620.JPG

/ Flat tire #30  
Those look like some good tires you got!! Im sure your old one will round out as well when pumped up to appear taller?

They look good though nice lugs and dont look dryrotted a bit in this pic! Lugs look a good bit taller!

As for the new ones you should be able to get your local tire place to get you tires for less than that ebay price and there will be no shipping as those places deliver daily to the shops to stock their tires. If i remember right i think the shop in town got tubes and tires in my size for a few hundred dollars a peice for the 9.5x24 when i saw a set sitting in the shop waiting to go on someones deere.