Buying Advice Fleet Manager

/ Fleet Manager #1  

lrwatson

Tractor
Freightliner
looking to buy an air compressor to fill trailer tires within at 10 to 15 minutes. 295 75R 22.5 would a 30 gal, 9Hp 170 MAx PSI with a CFM of 24 @ 100 PSI do the job?

/ Fleet Manager #2  
I don't understand the question entirely? that air compressor should fill a tire to 100 psi no problem.

/ Fleet Manager
I felt it would, it was more of a , "if the tire were at 20lbs, would it fill it up with 100 lbs of air within 15 minutes? I may not have asked it correctly....sorry....

/ Fleet Manager #5  
It sure wouldn't take 5 minutes to fill from 20 to 100 psi. You need to set the regulator above 100psi or its going to take minutes for that last 10lbs to fill.

/ Fleet Manager #6  
I'm wondering where you've found a compressor with 24 cfm @ 100 psi?

That is one serious compressor there.

/ Fleet Manager #7  
I have a engine drive Deere compressor. Made by mi-t-m. It is 29 cfm at 175psi. Puts out a ton of air. 30 gallon tank. I think it would be more than enough for your needs. Has a great Honda too. Elec start gets it going quick.

Brett

IMG_5182.JPGIMG_5208.JPG

/ Fleet Manager #8  
It sure wouldn't take 5 minutes to fill from 20 to 100 psi. You need to set the regulator above 100psi or its going to take minutes for that last 10lbs to fill.
I bypassed the regulator for filling tires. Unscrewed the tank pressure gauge, added a tee, cut off valve and a quick connect:
PA230002.JPG

/ Fleet Manager #10  
You can if the beads of the tires are touching the walls of the rim. If not get a bead blaster. You'll be all set ��

I have smaller compressior running on 120v in work truck running off generator