Flightradar24 Interesting Finds

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #331  
They're pretty regular out of CHS, I loaded one of the LCFs as a charter once, pretty cool aircraft.

Before I left Evergreen Airlines, we had a couple 747-100's converted to wildfire tankers, I thought those were the coolest things ever, then the LCF came out and I was amazed again, lol
Still bummed Global Super Tanker went under. Saw GST744 fly a lot on N. Calif fires.

That 747-400 is with National now. Supposedly the tank system was purchased by another company with plans to put in a 747-200, but there haven't been any recent updates.

Mostly see 10 Tanker DC10's, Erickson and Coulson flying out of McClellan. All of those do amazing work, but it was really something to see the 747 in action.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds
Kinda interesting that the Airbus A380 was only produced from 2003-2021 and only 254 were built while the 747 was produced from 1968 until 2023 with 1574 produced.

So 18 years VS 55 years.

Amazing how many 747s are still flying every night.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #333  
Kinda interesting that the Airbus A380 was only produced from 2003-2021 and only 254 were built while the 747 was produced from 1968 until 2023 with 1574 produced.

So 18 years VS 55 years.

Amazing how many 747s are still flying every night.
I think Lufthansa is the only one still flying passengers. Had the opportunity to fly the upper level from Chicago to Frankfort last year.

Magical !

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #334  
Wife and I were walking along Lake Michigan this afternoon and I saw this missile launch! :ROFLMAO:

Dubai to Huston. Almost 16 hour flight.

View attachment 855572

View attachment 855573

I often "catch" the return flight from Houston to Dubai on Flightfinder. Once the A380 flew over the house, and even at it's high altitude, I heard it.

When we stayed in the NL, the flights at the Amsterdam airport, Schipol, seemed to make a turn over where we stayed to line up with the runways. Saw an A380 flying over Leiden at low altitude heading towards Schipol a few times. Really amazed that something that large can stay in the air. I would love to take a flight on an A380.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #335  
We flew from Vancouver to London a 380. Nice plane inside and very large. Wish we could have flown 1st class, those “seats” looked great when we walked through boarding.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #336  
We flew from Vancouver to London a 380. Nice plane inside and very large. Wish we could have flown 1st class, those “seats” looked great when we walked through boarding.
"Seats" or where they fold out couches? :ROFLMAO:

Our last overseas trip, we had saved up enough points to fly in the seats behind first class. It was SOOOO much better since the seats where bigger and we were not feeling like sardines in a can. There were other things you get for the higher priced seats but having space to try to get some sleep was really helpful.

Once flew to Hong Kong in cattle class and that was not fun.

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #337  
Have seen some interesting P8 flights. The P8 is the jet replacement for the old P3 sub hunter but the P8 seems to have an intelligence gathering capability as well. Why was this flight spending so much time on the NC/SC border?
P8_Jan25_2024.jpg

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #338  
This P8 seemed to be hunting a sub. What did not make it into the screen shot was a Learjet that was "watching" the exercise.

P8_HatterasLearJet_Jan26_2024.jpg

/ Flightradar24 Interesting Finds #340  
Second time I’ve seen a Gyrocopter with a transponder. And its at 7000 msl and 96 kts.

EDIT. We are currently experiencing strong wind from the North. Probably explains air speed.

IMG_6792.png