flipped B2910

/ flipped B2910 #11  
I extreme 4 wheel so have had plenty of experiences of rollovers. This tractor only laid on it's side for 30 minutes, small chance of oil on top of the piston there. I'd look for structural damage such as broken gearboxes, fan away from the radiator, battery still in place, things like that, then crank it up. And don't do that manuever again!!! :)

/ flipped B2910
Thanks guys for all your help. It makes me sick all the mistakes I could do in one sitting. I was in a hurry, overconfident, folded ROPS, pulling a heavy limb with a towrope attached to the top link of the Woods 72" RFM in the raised position (the major cause of the problem). I was looking backward in medium gear climbing the side of a hill. I did not have a seatbelt on because I just started out. I dragged the limb no more than 50 feet, saw the grade was getting steeper so I compensated. Down that is.. And that is all it needed. It happened so fast. I have had close calls in the past before, but they were in slow motion. I had time to compensate. Not this time. I just got off the tractor as it rolled behind me. Thank God I did not have the seatbelt on.
Now I do not trust myself to fix the damages. So this morning I called the dealer to pick it up and give it a check up and to start it up. I'll let you know the bill. Thanks for all your help.

/ flipped B2910 #13  
pgilhool said:
Thanks guys for all your help. It makes me sick all the mistakes I could do in one sitting. I was in a hurry, overconfident, folded ROPS, pulling a heavy limb with a towrope attached to the top link of the Woods 72" RFM in the raised position (the major cause of the problem). I was looking backward in medium gear climbing the side of a hill. I did not have a seatbelt on because I just started out. I dragged the limb no more than 50 feet, saw the grade was getting steeper so I compensated. Down that is.. And that is all it needed. It happened so fast. I have had close calls in the past before, but they were in slow motion. I had time to compensate. Not this time. I just got off the tractor as it rolled behind me. Thank God I did not have the seatbelt on.
Now I do not trust myself to fix the damages. So this morning I called the dealer to pick it up and give it a check up and to start it up. I'll let you know the bill. Thanks for all your help.

Anyone who uses their tractor will make mistakes like this. All of us do things that are not safe. I use tow ropes with my Jeeps a lot too. The rope probably got you in the most trouble, it had stretched and continued pulling the tractor over, even after you had stopped forward movement. I once put my Jeep on it's side the same way while trying to pull another Jeeper. I knew I was in trouble and stopped but the rope kept right on pulling and flopped me over. Hope the tractor just has appearance damage and nothing more serious. Keep us posted.

/ flipped B2910 #14  
I don't think there is any danger of starting a cold diesel by slowly turning the motor over by hand.

My Grandfather's first diesel tractor only had crank starting. Speaking from experience... it takes a warm engine and a strong arm and about 8 to 10 fast revolutions for it to fire.

In the winter he would unscrew a cap from the cylinder head and place some type of burning wick in the hole and replace the cap before cranking.

I was 10 before I was able to start it and only when the engine was already warm.