Float Position?

/ Float Position? #11  
The float position has many uses depending on the implement you have on your FEL. In my case, I frequently use it to level uneven ground by making multiple back dragging passes with the bucket. It also works well for spreading certain types of material. I usually back drag in float when clearing snow from in front of my garage doors or other areas where pushing isn't practical.

/ Float Position? #12  
Yes that is how you get float . But don't use it for this app . You will be pealing your nose off of the steering wheel .

I have yet to find an app where float did me much good.

/ Float Position? #13  
The float position has many uses depending on the implement you have on your FEL. In my case, I frequently use it to level uneven ground by making multiple back dragging passes with the bucket. It also works well for spreading certain types of material. I usually back drag in float when clearing snow from in front of my garage doors or other areas where pushing isn't practical.

I to use float fairly often when leveling just spread gravel or dirt to get it level. If I want to be a bit more aggressive then I tilt bucket so front edge of bucket is all that is on the ground and not the bottom of the bucket and back up in either float or not under float adjusting down pressure as I go. I sometimes use float going forward but not as often as in reverse.
Using float is like using a boxblade and some other implements. The more you use it and the more experienced you get using it makes it more usable/valuable. Tilting the bucket while using float is a big asset sometimes.
If you just use your tractor with FEL for mowing and carrying the garbage cans to the front curb, you may not care much for float since you'll have no real use for the included feature. :D

/ Float Position? #14  
I used my float very successfully to back drag my skid roads after snow falls so that it freezes compacted and makes it more passable for both my tractor and a Yamaha Rhino.

/ Float Position? #15  
What is the main purpose of the Float Position?
Back dragging is my main use for the Float Position:

P7280014.JPG

P7280019.JPG

P7280018.JPG

/ Float Position? #16  
Yes that is how you get float . But don't use it for this app . You will be pealing your nose off of the steering wheel .

LOL, talking from experience?

Float in 'back drag' depending on bucket angle is an excellent tool/technique.

Loaded bucket and mild tilt angle is a decent compaction trick.
Very aggressive angle scrapes clean and even in negative angle can pull back lose material like sand or fines.
And if tooth bar equipped becomes a great root rake.

/ Float Position?
Yes, it's pretty much useless when running forward. While using the float position grabbing wet snow, she still chose to dig into the gravel ground with dead weight with the bucket level.
Jumped the machine up and down all around.
I'm thinking it may be better just to run the bucket 2" above the gravel when clearing snow running forward.
It might work better when clearing snow on top of solid Asphalt.
Or,,, Purchase a Blade!

/ Float Position? #18  
I use float position when plowing snow with my B2650. I just curl the bucket slightly so the cutting edge is not digging in. Works good for me.

/ Float Position? #19  
I have yet to find an app where float did me much good.

I use the float position on my BX2370 when I,m using my snowblower to clean out my paved driveway, and sidewalk. Werks great for me, without digging in or raising the front of the tractor.

/ Float Position?
I use the float position on my BX2370 when I,m using my snowblower to clean out my paved driveway, and sidewalk. Werks great for me, without digging in or raising the front of the tractor.

Are you guys on solid Asphalt or Concrete? Level Ground? If you play this on Gravel with just a a slight decline, she digs in with her dead weight and and tries to do a wheelie.