Flow rates?

/ Flow rates? #1  

RR1222

Tractor
still shopping
I'm just starting to shop for my first tractor and aside from varying machine weights I'm noticing a wide variance in hydraulic flow rates. High end being the John Deere at 18 and low end the Mahindra at 8. Has anybody had issues due to a low flow rate? What applications would be difficult because of it? I'm looking across the board at 40-45 hp 4wd with loader tractors. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

/ Flow rates? #2  
Not sure what your looking at,:confused3: but no tractors of the same class size have that big of a span in pump out puts. Are you looking at total output for the Deere and only the implement pump for the Mahindra? Typically all of the tractors in the same class size are within a gallon or 2 of their GPM rating. :confused:

I would like to know the models if you don't mind. A 4000 series JD has 17.1 combined pump output. A 4035 Mahindra has 16 total GPM output.

Let us know so that this can be cleared up so that you can compare the numbers properly. ;)

/ Flow rates? #3  
In case MtnViewRanch was not clear, some of the newer tractors have two pumps, one for power steering the other for implements. Flow tells how fast an implement will operate. Also if you do two things at once, like raise a loader and curl the bucket back, more flow is better.

/ Flow rates?
I've been looking at side-by-side comparison sites for JD 5045E (18.2 gpm), Kubota MX5100 (14.4 gpm), Kioti DS4510 (13.2 gpm), and Mahindra 4025 (8.29 gpm). These numbers are also in the various manufacturer's literature. Usually as "pump output" or "pump capacity (max flow rate)". Am I making unfair comparisons?

/ Flow rates? #5  
I've been looking at side-by-side comparison sites for JD 5045E (18.2 gpm), Kubota MX5100 (14.4 gpm), Kioti DS4510 (13.2 gpm), and Mahindra 4025 (8.29 gpm). These numbers are also in the various manufacturer's literature. Usually as "pump output" or "pump capacity (max flow rate)". Am I making unfair comparisons?

I believe you are making an unfair comparison.

The mahindra lists pumps separate. PS is 5 gpm. Implement is 8.29, for a total of 13.29gpm
Kubota is also separate on their sheet. PS @ 4.9gpm, and imp. @ 9.5 total of 14.4 gpm
I would assume since the deere and kioti dont list separatly, those are totals. So deduct about 5 gpm off that and to get an actual number available for the loader or remotes, etc.

Welcome to the world of clever marketing and tractors. For some reason MFG,s insist on listing "total" flow and including power steering with that. Because 15gpm sounds a whole lot better than 9 or 10 when buying a loader tractor. But the 5 that goes to power steering does NOTHING for the other hydraulics.

/ Flow rates?
Thanks - that's going to start making my decision easier!