Fluid Film. Can I thin and spray on equipment?

/ Fluid Film. Can I thin and spray on equipment? #11  
For interior applications that will not be exposed to the elements, or UV rays, you could also consider using Fluid Film "Liquid A" which is a thinner formula.
You can see the viscosity difference between "A" and "NAS" in the middle of the page at the link below:
Liquid A vs NAS viscosity

Liquid A information

All the Fluid Film formulas

Fluid Film is thixotropic.
This especially applies to bulk NAS, (gallons, pails, and drums)

thix·ot·ro·py
The property exhibited by certain gels of becoming fluid when stirred or shaken and returning to the semisolid gel state upon standing.

What this means is.. as Fluid Film NAS sits, it gets thicker. There are two things you can do to make Fluid Film NAS spray with a fine even flow:

a) Store it at room temperature if possible.

b) Shake and agitate the heck out of the Fluid Film container. The more you shake it, the more it will thin and liquify. You should not need to add any thinner to NAS if you shake it enough.

Shake, shake , shake.

/ Fluid Film. Can I thin and spray on equipment?
Thanks for the great info.
One question I have, that you may be able to answer, is why is putting down Fluid Film with a pump sprayer not suggested? The only answer I can figure is the overspray issue but that doesn't sound right. Any idea on that?

/ Fluid Film. Can I thin and spray on equipment? #13  
Thanks for the great info.
One question I have, that you may be able to answer, is why is putting down Fluid Film with a pump sprayer not suggested? The only answer I can figure is the overspray issue but that doesn't sound right. Any idea on that?

Fluid Film will not atomize well in a pump or garden type sprayer. It really needs 60 - 80 psi to atomize well. It does work with airless sprayers at aprox. the 2000 range.

We have a 12 oz. pump sprayer for special applications. It does not spray well at all. You can read the "pee stream" warnings at the link below:
Fluid Film 12 oz. Pump Can

/ Fluid Film. Can I thin and spray on equipment?
Thanks--good info to know.
I'll spray with airgun at correct psi.