Fluid film

/ Fluid film #1  

Soapandbacon

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
I've run across a few postings that mention something called fluid film. Can anyone elaborate on this product? Pros vs cons and what exactly is it for? Thanks , sorry if this is a stupid question ... Newbie here.

/ Fluid film #4  
+1 on Fluid Film. Inhibits rust and it doesn't evaporate like WD40. Keeps metal looking shiny and new.

/ Fluid film #5  
50/50 mix of acetone and ATF is also a good solution to rusty bolts and rust prevention. Much better than WD40 and similar products. Also.....much cheaper. Use it all the time in the shop.......I call it the miracle solution.:thumbsup:

/ Fluid film #6  
50/50 mix of acetone and ATF is also a good solution to rusty bolts and rust prevention. Much better than WD40 and similar products. Also.....much cheaper. Use it all the time in the shop.......I call it the miracle solution.:thumbsup:

And if you add a thinner (kerosene/mineral spirits/etc.) and a little lanolin (like is in Fluid Film) you get a concoction called Ed's Red. Great for cleaning guns and removing shotgun plastic wad fouling. It is a great for penetration.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eds+red+solvent&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Another option for penetration solution is Kroil but it is expensive.

/ Fluid film #7  
I like to use fluid film on the shiny hydraulic cyl rods to protect them when long idle, and also I sometimes spray it on tools that may have gotten a bit damp.

/ Fluid film #8  
And if you add a thinner (kerosene/mineral spirits/etc.) and a little lanolin (like is in Fluid Film) you get a concoction called Ed's Red. Great for cleaning guns and removing shotgun plastic wad fouling. It is a great for penetration.

https://www.google.com/search?q=eds+red+solvent&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a

Another option for penetration solution is Kroil but it is expensive.

Great tip on Ed's Red. Never used it but will give it a try later this year.....thanks!!

/ Fluid film #9  
I can honestly say, Fluid Film is good stuff. I don't ever plan on being without it.

James K0UA

/ Fluid film #10  
Fluid Film is not a penetrant. It is a more of a rust inhibator and coating, or a lubricant. If you need a penetrant, any of the home remedies suggested are great, but they will not be as effective or hold up as long as Fluid Film will in its intended purpose.

Brian