Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system

/ Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #1  

AndyTheCornbread

Tractor
Yanmar 3110D, IH Hydro 86
I would like to drain the hydraulic fluid from my Yanmar 3110D and refill it with a better hydraulic fluid for cold weather than what the rebuilder used. Also the fluid that is in it now has been heavily used over the last four or five years and I should be replacing it anyway.

How do I go about doing this?

By that I mean, where is the transmission drain plug?

How many gallons of hydraulic fluid should I have on hand for the replacement?

How many five gallon buckets should I have to drain it into?

The tractor has a loader frame and power steering run off the hydraulics as well.

Once I get it refilled do I need to bleed it somehow to get it back working?

Picture attached for reference. It was taken at the rebuilder's place before I took all the wrapping off the ROPS etc.

Attachments

• 3110D.jpg
    3110D.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
   / Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #2  
I think your 3110D is very similar to the 336D. Might look at the drain plugs shown in the parts pdf. ;#6 figure 51, #47 figure 58, #6 figure 56. Sight tells me file is to big to process so go here to download. Box

/ Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #3  
I would like to drain the hydraulic fluid from my Yanmar 3110D and refill it with a better hydraulic fluid for cold weather than what the rebuilder used. Also the fluid that is in it now has been heavily used over the last four or five years and I should be replacing it anyway.

How do I go about doing this?

By that I mean, where is the transmission drain plug?

How many gallons of hydraulic fluid should I have on hand for the replacement?

How many five gallon buckets should I have to drain it into?

The tractor has a loader frame and power steering run off the hydraulics as well.

Once I get it refilled do I need to bleed it somehow to get it back working?

Picture attached for reference. It was taken at the rebuilder's place before I took all the wrapping off the ROPS etc.

To answer your questions:

Q1 - How do I go about doing this?
A1 - This thread should help you. I had gone thru and covered many of the steps.
Hydraulic Fluid Change

Q2 - By that I mean, where is the transmission drain plug?
A2 - Removal of the filter cover normally drains the system. Yes, have buckets as it can get messy. The filter cover is right above the tow bar. ;)

Q3 - How many gallons of hydraulic fluid should I have on hand for the replacement?
A3 - As Winston pointed out, the YM3110 is much 'like' the YM336. So, look for the
YANMAR YM336 PARTS MANUAL Y00T2140.pdf in that linky. It covers the same 3T84A-N engine. However, the manual does not have a spec and summary page like the Gray Market manuals do, so looking at the very next YM model is the YM2420.
1635383606507.png

Cut-n-paste into Yandex OCR Japanese to English get you:
1635383693904.png

So, about 19 to 19.5 liters.

Q4 - How many five gallon buckets should I have to drain it into?
A4 - A bit more than 20L. But the drain area is very low, so it would have to be deep low buckets to get under there.

Q5 - The tractor has a loader frame and power steering run off the hydraulics as well.
Q5 - How nice, more difficulty. :) Someone could chine in here for this one. ;)

Q6 - Once I get it refilled do I need to bleed it somehow to get it back working?
A6 - From what I understand, J20C HyGard is the oil to use. Yanmar TF500A = Deere J20C HyGard. Without loader and PS, burping out the air is simply opening up the top fill cap. Likewise, there should be a high fitting on the loader. The PS is different, bleeds much like vehicle brakes to get the air out.

TF500A=J20C.JPG

If you choose to do a flush, the typical method is with normal diesel fuel. You will need about 20L of it plus a tad more to wash the filter clean should the tractor have a re-usable filter. If no re-usable filter, you will need to buy one.

Oh, your machine is tagged as YNM. So it must of came from WA state outside Spokane. ;)

Last edited:
   / Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #4  
You might want to take that Hydraulic filter screen out and make sure it's clean while you have the fluid drained.
I always ran ATF in my yanmar. worked good

/ Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #5  
You might want to take that Hydraulic filter screen out and make sure it's clean while you have the fluid drained.
I always ran ATF in my yanmar. worked good

In the eastern EU, they don't have good access to the JD20C Hy-Gard and the Yanmar fluid is nearly impossible to find over there.

Since the Mopar ATF+4 synthetic is close to the J20C, many in the EU countries use that instead. The GM ATF or Ford ATF are not compatible like that. The Mopar ATF+4 works best in the UltraDrive hydraulic transmission. People with Cub Cadets also use the Mopar ATF+4 because the Cub Cadet brand bottles are priced at $15 per quart! A bit insane really.

/ Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #6  
Not sure you knew but your "rebuilder" is in Vietnam. The place you bought it is just a importer/dealer. Or just dealer.

But follow the others advice on this.

/ Flush Yanmar 3110D hydraulic system #7  
Not sure you knew but your "rebuilder" is in Vietnam. The place you bought it is just a importer/dealer. Or just dealer.

But follow the others advice on this.

Good point. And glad he is willing to change all the fluids and filters at this time too. As many here have said, the VN's are just freshly painted, not much more than that.