FNG: Buying first tractor, looking for advice

/ FNG: Buying first tractor, looking for advice #1  

wasatchjon

Tractor
None yet!
Hi all, haven't been around this forum too much but most here seem helpful and nice, looking forward to good information. I think I'm in the right section but feel free to flame away if not. FNG.

We own 40 acres at high altitude. Looking to build trails, dig out footers for structures, do some grading, etc. Land can be soft when wet. I have decided that an older tractor, probably a Deere, is a good place to start due to parts availability and dealer proximity. Once I screw something up it should be easier for me to have a JD fixed than something else. I have never owned a tractor or any heavy equipment before, although I have plenty of time screwing around in a skidsteer.

Looking at a 310A that's local to me here in SLC. Any advice for what I should look for/ask when checking this out? Good price or not?

KSL.com Mobile

Thanks!

/ FNG: Buying first tractor, looking for advice #2  
Hi and welcome to the forum . I am sure others will chime in on the tractor you are looking at as I am not familar with that one . One thing you can do is go to Everything Attachments web site and look at some of their videos on different implements to get an idea of what you might need and the tractor size to do it .
Good Luck with your indeavor