Foam in central Texas?

/ Foam in central Texas? #1  

KennethBrown

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5500
Anybody know of someplace in the Waco/Corsicana/Palestine (and maybe even Huntsville) area that can foam fill my fronts? Any idea on the price too? I have 11-16 flotations on right now but also have the original 7.50-16 tri ribs. Might go back to the tri ribs thinking it would be alot cheaper.

/ Foam in central Texas? #2  
I'd call tire dealers that supply construction equipment tires and also the scrap yards in your area. I'd bet they've had their loader tires filled.

/ Foam in central Texas? #3  
Do they have Les Schwab stores there? They are the ones that foam filled my fronts. $1.99 a pound

/ Foam in central Texas?
The scrap part is actually how I'm tearing them up. My and my Brother run a side business-"Two Brothers Recycling" and the debri is killing me. I get a flat at least every other job we have the tractor at. All of the places we haul to have solid tires on their equipment.

/ Foam in central Texas?
Treemonkey1000 said:
Do they have Les Schwab stores there? They are the ones that foam filled my fronts. $1.99 a pound

If you can remember how much was it total and what size tires do you run?

/ Foam in central Texas? #6  
I got mine done at a place in midlothian, not sure if that's too far out of the way for you though.

I've always called them solid rubber tires, not sure if what you are talking about is the same thing....

I can see if I can find the info. on the place in midlothian if you want.

/ Foam in central Texas? #7  
I do remember because it was sticker shock:eek: When I first went in the guy told me it was $1 a pound for foam. He talked me out of retreading my old tires and to buy new ones. Then they can be retreaded easier. So I told them I will buy the 2 tires and get them filled. It was almost $1200 when I came to pick them up. That's when they told me the foam was $1.99 a pound. I hadn't gotten it in writing. Any how a 9.5 x 16" lug tire holds about 140 lbs. of foam each. That is great for weight on the front tires of my tractor and I won't have to worry about flats.

/ Foam in central Texas? #8  
It's been several years, so you might want to call them first to see if they still do it, but Kendrick Tire, 511 Franklin Ave, Waco, TX 76701, (254) 753-2491 used to anyway. I know they were doing it in 1995 and I think my brother got some riding lawnmower tires foamed another 2 or 3 years after that.