Folding ROPS and Backhoe

/ Folding ROPS and Backhoe #1  

Rick Jay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.
Hi folks,

First of all, thanks to all of you who have been posting such useful information. I am currently in the market for either a B7500, B2410 or B2710...the B7500 is probably all I need, the B2710 (or even B2910) is what I would like (well, if the drool dribbling down my chin is any indication), so I'll most likely end up "settling" for the B2410.

My wife is not totally sold on the idea, but has given me a tentative go-ahead on anything that will fit in our garage. Length and width of the tractor are not a problem, but height is, the door is 7'. The standard ROPS used with a backhoe is very near that number.

Does the folding ROPS that is available provide sufficient height to be used with the backhoe and can it be used with the hoe?

Thanks,

Rick

P.S. I posted a similar post last night (before the new forum), but haven't figured out how to get to it to see if anyone did respond. If you did, could you please either reply to this or tell me how to get to the "archives". Thanks.

/ Folding ROPS and Backhoe #2  
Rick,

For now, the archives are at http://www.tractorbynet.com/tractortalk/ - there will be a link to the archive from here, probably will be put on tomorrow.

As for your question, I wish I had a fact for you, but I don't have much, if anything on the '2000' model year Kubota B-Series in the way of stats/facts in general, let alone for the backhoe ROPS. Just off the top of my head, my guess would be that the backhoe ROPS would be around 4" taller than the standard, and would not be available in a foldable version. But don't take my word for it, since I am just guessing! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Administrator</font color=blue>

/ Folding ROPS and Backhoe #3  
Rick, I just bought a B7500 with B4672 backhoe and a folding ROPS. The folding option is available. Ed

/ Folding ROPS and Backhoe #4  
I've got good news for you. The 2710 and 2910 come with a SFB-29S ROPS, when you get the Backhoe, make sure your dealer installs the correct ROPS which is a SFB-F29S. It is 10.45" taller, and IS foldable.
My dealer left the wrong ROPS on mine, so I've been on the phone with the dealer and Kubota this morning getting this all figured out.