for all those with a clutch

/ for all those with a clutch #1  

cj7

Gold Member
Tractor
L2500
Just curious how long does our clutches last in our fine Kubota tractors...I am sure this depends on type of use..so include that in your post. oh and if you have had it replaced.. how much ?

/ for all those with a clutch #3  
750 hours on a L-3130 and still going strong.

/ for all those with a clutch #4  
Can't speak from PERSONAL experience but the only tractor that I ever knew anyone replacing the clutch in was my granddad's old Allis Chalmers "B" model and that thing was made in the late 20's (if memory serves me correctly)

I can't imagine that the clutch in most new tractors would last the life of the tractor

/ for all those with a clutch #5  
I never have replaced a clutch on a tractor... It must happen sometime though. For the gear types it would vary with usasge. How often do you use it on a HST. Starting and PTO engagement... The size of the orange clutches are substantial... I don't see why they can't last the life of the tractor...

Pete..

/ for all those with a clutch #6  
Kubota B6000, 1974, still on its first clutch, starting to go though
i wouldnt worry on your young tractors

/ for all those with a clutch #7  
When I worked at a dealership, the vast majority of clutches were replaced because of farmers resting their foot on the pedal not from normal wear.

/ for all those with a clutch #8  
My tractor had it's clutch changed just before I bought it, and it had 2089 hrs on it then.
Being an HST, I'm not too sure how they wore it out. Hours don't wear it out, slippage does.
Oh well. It's new for me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif