For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #11  

I bought my 'older' (30 series) BX at the time when the 'newer' (50 series) models were just coming out.
1*My wife liked the look of the 'older' better and I had my reservations about all that plastic. At the time, it was well justified.

Though Kubota has done an exceptional job in responding to their consumers, there are certain benefits to not needing to go through all the trouble in the first place.
2*I think that was the perspective of Mr. Brown in his post. They ARE great little tractors and are arguably better than any other in the segment. There ARE features in the newer models I like. But I have 327.7 hours on my machine and I can't think of a single thing that has broken, nor a single thing about it I dislike.

If, at the time, I had chosen to get the 'newer' machine, I'd have a short list of items that I had problems with and that Kubota fixed. And I'd probably still whine every once in a while about that kink in my back that I wouldn't have if I had purchased a 30- or 60-series.

All in all, any one of them, old or new, are great little tractors.
1*Tell your wife she has good taste.:)
2*Right you are.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #12  
There actually was a good intention behind the plastic. Salt makes steel rust and an awful lot of people use CUTs and sCUTs for blowing or plowing snow on driveways where salt from the road has gotten into the slush on their property. Rusted out fenders and floorboards can be a real PITA. Using properly engineered plastic components on tractors operating in those conditions seemed to make sense. The problem seems to have been in that "properly engineered" aspect. (Of course, maybe they did engineer it correctly the first time, only to have bean counters scale it back in an attempt to save .02 bucks.)

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #13  
I think it has more to do with our fat American butts putting strain on the tractor that the 125lb Japanese engineers did not anticipate. :)

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #14  
I think it has more to do with our fat American butts putting strain on the tractor that the 125lb Japanese engineers did not anticipate. :)

Weelll, they did have to change each and every seat on the original Kubotas imported from the homeland with bigger seats as the body frame of the american of european descent is larger due to a more varied diet with much more protein than the japanese folks consume; and now we are exporting our junk food to them; go figure- their health has been declining due to the increased diet options with more meats and fats.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #15  

So much for quality engineer if that was the case!! LOL..and ya I worked with them putting a Toyo engine on an aircraft...I wonder if they exported the job to India that they exported to their low-cost client???

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly.
Dealer ordered the parts yesterday and my salesman said he would transport both the BXs to the dealership for a few bucks. No hassle at all. Everyone with that vintage BX should have the reinforcement installed for free before it cracks.

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly. #17  
Dealer ordered the parts yesterday and my salesman said he would transport both the BXs to the dealership for a few bucks. No hassle at all. Everyone with that vintage BX should have the reinforcement installed for free before it cracks.

Any tips on the floor..I have an early BX24 (plastic fendor, hood ) and wonder what I have...I know I step on the floor and it moves....And I am only 193 lbs...

/ For Kubota owners and BX owners particularly.
Any tips on the floor..I have an early BX24 (plastic fendor, hood ) and wonder what I have...I know I step on the floor and it moves....And I am only 193 lbs...

Just write an email to Kubota and send them your model and serial number and they will get back to you within 2-3 days and tell you if your model is pre or post reinforcement. Alternatively, call your dealer's service department.