For Top-N-Tilt, what remotes to install?

/ For Top-N-Tilt, what remotes to install? #1  

robininni

Should I have Standard or Float Detent remotes installed for Top-N-Tilt? Dealer acted like Standard would be what I wanted but I have read other posts that led me to believe FD remotes could be useful with Top-N-Tilt. What the best? Can the FD remotes be used the same as standard remotes with the additional usefulness of float when needed?

The tractor already has one standard remote outlet in the rear. I am adding two more and the Top-N-Tilt. Just not sure what type the two should be that are being added: Standard or Float Detent.

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks!

Rob

/ For Top-N-Tilt, what remotes to install? #2  
When I got the remotes for my L4400HST I ordered 2 regular remotes and 1 float detent for a total of 3 sets of remotes. The float detent valve will do what a regular valve will and it will go into a float position. This allows the cylinder to retract or extend by the force of the implement on the 3PH. Some would recommend getting both top and tilt valves as float valves. I didn't and it hasn't been a regret.

/ For Top-N-Tilt, what remotes to install?
When I got the remotes for my L4400HST I ordered 2 regular remotes and 1 float detent for a total of 3 sets of remotes. The float detent valve will do what a regular valve will and it will go into a float position. This allows the cylinder to retract or extend by the force of the implement on the 3PH. Some would recommend getting both top and tilt valves as float valves. I didn't and it hasn't been a regret.

Did you use your two 'standard' valves for the Top-N-Tilt and then have your FD valve for accessory use?

/ For Top-N-Tilt, what remotes to install? #4  
Did you use your two 'standard' valves for the Top-N-Tilt and then have your FD valve for accessory use?

I use the float detent valve for the Hydraulic top link. When I am using the rotary cutter I will sometimes out it in float position and let the back wheel and the lower links support the mower it follows the ground better that way. I also use it that way when I am using a scraper or Box Blade on a gravel road, it helps avoid the blades following the tractor up and over a hump making a new hump with the blade. I use float detent with a rear blade when I am plowing snow and it just floats along. The float detent valve functions as a normal valve as well until you go into the detent position.