forced warm air outdoor wood heat

/ forced warm air outdoor wood heat #1  

sizzami

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti dk 45
I am sick of buying oil so I decided to build an out door wood stove this is phase one , cleared the spot and leveled it buit this little post and beam shed for my furnace I am now working on the furnace itself , will post more pics as I make more progress I am curious about whether anyone else has built one , while I was sawing hemlock for my furnace shed I also sawed out a new lean to for my tractor , the roofing on the woodshed was given to me and I bought the tractor shed roofing so I am out about 300.00 for both ( timberlock screws are not cheap )having a sawmill rules.

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    243.5 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 418
   / forced warm air outdoor wood heat #2  
Yep, I built mine last fall, I only use it to heat my garage. I would check with your homeowners ins. though to see if you will be covered.

/ forced warm air outdoor wood heat #3  
Well like anything else transfering heat to a fluid such as air, the key is surface area and controlling the flow over that surface area to creat turbulence so the coolest air is in contact with the hot surface as often and as long as possible...

Got a drawing of your stove design?

/ forced warm air outdoor wood heat #4  
I have not built one but I am interested to see how it turns out for you. I would like to have one for my work shop in the garage. It would allow me to be able to spray paint and still have heat. Please keep us posted.
Rob

/ forced warm air outdoor wood heat
I never have drawings of anything