3-Point Hitch Ford 1510 4x4 operating question

/ Ford 1510 4x4 operating question #1  

funk289

Tractor
Ford 1510 4x4
I am a new owner of a 1986 Ford 1510 4x4 with 770B FEL. My question is: while running tractor with scraper blade attached in raised position, if I raise or lower the loader, the rear blade falls to the ground. Is this normal or do I need to address the hydraulics?

/ Ford 1510 4x4 operating question #2  
If the engine is shut off with the three point(and blade) raised, does the blade then also fall to the ground? If so, you may well have lift piston seal problems.

/ Ford 1510 4x4 operating question
Yes, the blade falls almost immediately after shutting off engine

/ Ford 1510 4x4 operating question #4  
Looks like you have some internal leaks to investigate/repair. I believe it should be possible to access most of it through the front of the lift housing without removing the entire housing from the tractor.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking an O ring or something needs replacing. The flow control knob is also frozen. Going to dig into tomorrow.

OK, I just ordered O-rings, etc. from Messick's to repair the TPH on my 1510. Since I have never disassembled anything like this before, my question is if I remove the cylinder head from the lift cover, will I be able to access the piston/seal? Any surprises to be aware of while unbolting(I.e. small parts/springs, etc. falling/flying out)?