Ford 1520 tractor engine problem

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem #11  
I don't really know as I haven't had this done on a small tractor but would expect a shop to charge $200-300 for parts and (I'm guessing here) 10-15 hours labor. Then you may have surfacing the flywheel and grease and oil. I'll be curious to see what they charge you.

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem
Sounds like you are about right. Went by today to arrange having it picked up and serviced. Will post the final damages when done.
Thanks for the advice. It's much appreciated

Had it picked up today.

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem #14  
A top notch mechanic can split the tractor, replace the clutch and have it running in less then 6 hours.
However, this is with out and other problems encountered.
Good luck. Duke

P.S. In my area the hourly rate is 25 to 35 dollars a hour, that will differ from on area to another.

Thanks. I will post the charges when done

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem #16  
You guys are great!! From listening here and trying the suggestions, it's definitely the clutch. I've done some minor repairs over the years but I'm not too proud to admit it's a repair well over my head. There are a number of other service issues overdue anyway. Probably will stop by the local tractor place out my way and arrange to have it picked up and fixed up.
Anyone know what a fair price would be for installing the new clutch?

i always charge around 800 for parts and labor on that size and type of tractor

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem #17  
I hope you have a shop that only replaces what is needed. If they replace the complete clutch assembly you are talking several grand in parts. The labor will be the cheap part.
Bill

That sounds like a fair price to me. I hope mine doesn't come in much higher than that.
Thanks for the reply.

/ Ford 1520 tractor engine problem #19  
Did you not get the dealership to give you an estimate ? I learned a long time ago that you shouldn,t give anyone " carte blanche ". As an example, I thought the job should of cost 400.00 max. It ended up costing me 850.00. Now, I,m never to proud to ask first. I don,t like unpleasant surprises. Hope it works out for you.

They're going to call me with the estimate as it needs some other maintenance and servicing (I have had it 17 years and this is only the second time I've had it serviced/repaired). I hate unpleasant surprises too. Thanks for the advice/reply. I'm going to post the outcome here