ford 1700 PHD question

/ ford 1700 PHD question #11  
Ooops! JC-jetro,I'm still learning the ropes.

/ ford 1700 PHD question #12  
Allee,

Thanks, I have had my ford for close to 8 years. it had two other owners and they were gentle with it. All they have done to it was oil change. I have worked on it a lot but nothing major. I have not open the tach up but I remember I suggested using a drill to turn the cable going to tach to see if it works. The basic tach rotation induces a magnetic field and the needle would respond to it. With proper calibration RMP can be represented. I know HF sells after market tach that is easy to install. Some tach can be used a long with a magnet to generate pulse associated with the engine rotation and representing RPM. They are very inexpensive and easy to install.

jc,

Wow! I know I've said it before but what a nice looking tractor. Have you had it a long time.

Any idea where I can find a tach to replace mine? I don't think it's rebuilable.

/ ford 1700 PHD question #13  
Thanks again, JC. BTW who is HF?

/ ford 1700 PHD question #14  
HF is a short form for Harbour Freight, They sell mainly China made low quality and cheap tools. They have a lot of consumables that are pretty cheap. They have a few things far and few in between that are good quality or no less than what you buy elsewhere that is China made.

JC,

Harbor Freight Tools

Thanks again, JC. BTW who is HF?

o