Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs)

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #1  

crosspike77

Tractor
Ford New Holland 1700
Good morning.

I got a new safety switch in last week, but went away for a long weekend.
I opened up the trans cover this AM, and I believe I knocked a spring in the tranny well.
1658757905882.png

Going to try and get it out with magnet pick up tools. If I don't get it out, will it ruin something if it is indeed in there somewhere? Also, I can narrow it down to #24 part number, but can't find an official part number to reorder.

Back to the safety switch: I ordered New Holland SBA385200250 SWITCH. I opened the cover and found a single lead and a small circuit board under the cover. Not the New Holland SBA385200250 SWITCH I anticipated. Is this SBA switch somewhere else, like under the two contacts I noticed? I also can't find a model# besides CO20 on this circuit board.
1658758155059-jpeg.755716

Would this circuit board cause a no key switch ignition or is the other safety switch in there and I replace that. What happened was, I placed the loose wire I mention below to the ignition switch by accident, which is why I think I may have popped one of those capacitors. The screw holes it mounts to seem to meant to be there, so I think it is a part always been there since it's creation.

If I trace the wire back to the ignition safety relay, this black wire goes in and then there is a wire with a spade terminal just loose. Should that be just grounded to the body somewhere? I can't seem to figure where that goes from wiring diagrams. It's always been loose there.

Attachments

• 1658758159098.jpeg
    1658758159098.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 34
   / Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #2  
It appears that the board has a ground to sheetmetal connection with the screw on the left.

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #3  
Good morning.

I opened up the trans cover this AM, and I believe I knocked a spring in the tranny well.
View attachment 755713
Going to try and get it out with magnet pick up tools. If I don't get it out, will it ruin something if it is indeed in there somewhere? Also, I can narrow it down to #24 part number, but can't find an official part number to reorder.

Back to the safety switch: I ordered New Holland SBA385200250 SWITCH. I opened the cover and found a single lead and a small circuit board under the cover. Not the New Holland SBA385200250 SWITCH I anticipated. Is this SBA switch somewhere else, like under the two contacts I noticed? I also can't find a model# besides CO20 on this circuit board.

Would this circuit board cause a no key switch ignition or is the other safety switch in there and I replace that. What happened was, I placed the loose wire I mention below to the ignition switch by accident, which is why I think I may have popped one of those capacitors. The screw holes it mounts to seem to meant to be there, so I think it is a part always been there since it's creation.

If I trace the wire back to the ignition safety relay, this black wire goes in and then there is a wire with a spade terminal just loose. Should that be just grounded to the body somewhere? I can't seem to figure where that goes from wiring diagrams. It's always been loose there.
The circuit board is the switch or switch replacement. Here is the spring, switch and washer part number and price from Messicks. Showing in stock or available.
24SPRING- SPRINGSBA398210460$4.13

SWITCH- replaces #SBA386750060 SWITCHSBA386750061
SBA386750060
$93.73
45AWASHER- WASHER 4.3mm ID x 9mm OD x 0.8mm Thk89824840$0.34

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs)
I just found that being #24 and #44. Was starting to search the SBA's. Thanks guys.
It appears that the board has a ground to sheetmetal connection with the screw on the left.
That's why it seems to work as being grounded. Still curious on my loose wire.

I'm hoping the spring I dropped is able to fish out with a pick up magnet. If I can't get it out and it is in there, will it muck up a gear?

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #6  
Good morning.

View attachment 755713

Those are the pics I shared many moons ago on my 1700. On mine clutch safety is external. Detent balls are larger the hole from top hence you cannot pick them up by magnets. you will need to take the cover off. If you are careful you can take it off without damaging the gasket below. Pics below are self explanatory.

DSC08082.JPG

DSC08083.JPG

DSC08085.JPG

DSC08090.JPG

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #7  
I'm hoping the spring I dropped is able to fish out with a pick up magnet. If I can't get it out and it is in there, will it muck up a gear?
It could "muck up" a gear, but most likely would get in a bearing and muck it up.

Just spoke with Messicks. They don't have/ can't find/ can't get the SBA386750061 safety board switch. Looks like I'm on a hunt.

I just contact formed New Holland about replacing potential. I have a feeling I'm gonna be stuck. Any potential to bypass this and still use the key switch or am I stuck with just jumping the solenoid all the time?

I'm wondering if I can eliminate the neutral gear safety switch, but wire into the relay a clutch depress safety switch instead. My 1700 doesn't have a clutch safety currently, but I've heard of some that have. Would it work the same way? Could this be interchangeable?