Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs)

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs) #11  
I'm wondering if I can eliminate the neutral gear safety switch, but wire into the relay a clutch depress safety switch instead. My 1700 doesn't have a clutch safety currently, but I've heard of some that have. Would it work the same way? Could this be interchangeable?
You very well could and accomplish the same goal.

/ Ford 1700 Safety Switch and Other Parts repair (Detent Springs)
If I perhaps wired this item: https://amzn.to/3zyTI2g
to the starter solenoid, then I'd still have a key switch for ignition (safer than push button) and I'd have the other key switch for warming the glow plugs and lights.
Thoughts? Reasons against?

It could "muck up" a gear, but most likely would get in a bearing and muck it up.
I have a new spring on the way, but I am unable to pull out the former one if it is indeed in there. I'm hoping it just stays down in the fluid deep on the bottom below the mechanics.

I spoke with the folks at Messicks and they suggested placing a clutch activated safety switch in the starter circuit with the #50 ignition wire. I have the switch on the way and the bracket to mount to the 1700 body. I will then add an actuator to the clutch plate that will activate the switch when the clutch is depressed.