ford 1700

/ ford 1700 #71  
I just bought a Ford 1510 and am looking to put a ROPS on it. Does anyone have suggestions as to the best place to get one. Thanks, Gary

/ ford 1700 #72  
Hello Everyone, I have been using TBN for research for several months now and this place is awesome.

I am currently looking at a Ford 1700 4WD with FEL, 4' shredder, galvanized box blade and 16' trailer package for a little over 7k. Tractor has had steering box recently rebuilt and the paint looks original and fairly fresh. Knowing this is a 30 year old tractor, it causes me a little concern, but after reading this thread I feel better about it. I know it is not a bad deal, but I am curious if others feel it is over priced, considering the age? It will be used mainly to remove the Ash juniper plague, light mowing and light dirt and compost moving on 8 acres we just bought. I won't be plowing or doing anything heavy with it so I am not too worried about it being over worked.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Jack

/ ford 1700 #73  
I have a 1510 which runs very good. I have noticed that after 30 minutes or so there is a few drops of water that come from the overflow hose on the radiator. It is not very much and I do not think it is over heating. I have checked the idiot light and it is working but never comes on. Any thoughts or suggestions? thanks, Gary

/ ford 1700 #74  
Hi gschones and SirReal63, Usually it is best to start a new thread when asking a question that is not related to the original poster's thread. Its called hijacking the thread.

Over 7K for the package might be a little high but it depends on location, condition, and how bad you want the package.

No help on the ROPS, the coolant leakage could be that it was overfilled, needs an air space, or just need new radiator cap

/ ford 1700 #75  
I suppose it could be considered hijacking an 8 year old thread, my apologies to the OP and I hope after 8 years you found the answer you were looking for. :drink:

/ ford 1700 #76  
I suppose it could be considered hijacking an 8 year old thread, my apologies to the OP and I hope after 8 years you found the answer you were looking for. :drink:

Below is the pic of my homemade coolant recovery system out of a peanut butter jar. Make sure to have about on inch of coolant in the bottle and the rubber hose to terminate below the coolant level. As the engine temp rises and the radiator pressure goes about 7 psi it causes the coolant to belch out radiator cap to the recovery tank. As soon as you turn the engine off off and radiator starts cooling off the vacuum suck the coolant back in to radiator. It works well and you don't need to top off or have an easy visual confirmation as well. I did use proper bailing wire secure it in place.:D

JC,

just for comparison I bought my 1700 ( no implements/loader)with about 900 hrs and in a poretty good shape for $3100, nine years ago. I could not be happier with it's performance considering it's size.

[

/ ford 1700 #77  
Thanks JC, I started a new thread with a few pics to help. Great idea on the catch can, I can appreciate a little DIY. Where in Kansas are you, I lived in Newton for a while and traveled all over the state for work. I loved it there but Texas is home and with my approaching geriatric status I wanted to be home.

/ ford 1700 #78  
Thanks JC, I started a new thread with a few pics to help. Great idea on the catch can, I can appreciate a little DIY. Where in Kansas are you, I lived in Newton for a while and traveled all over the state for work. I loved it there but Texas is home and with my approaching geriatric status I wanted to be home.

I went to school in Wichita Just a stone throw (almost) from Newton. Yup , home is where your heart is and kansas is it for me. You'll find tons and tons of useful info with many pictures on all DIY subject and more in this forum.

JC,

PS. Just realized you had a loader. if The tractor was well kept then the price is about right just a skosh high. How many hrs and any pics?