Ford 1710 replacement rim

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim #1  

web4deb

Tractor
Ford 1710
I have an '85 Ford 1710 and the rear wheel broke off. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement rim and hub? Thanks.

tractor wheel.jpg

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim #2  
The rim itself is a standard ag replacement part but the center hub is a specific bolt pattern and center hole dimension that is difficult to find without paying the long dollar. If you need the rim, get it at any mail order tractor place but the center hub can be welded together far cheaper than buying a new one. Short of that or if your hub is damaged beyond repair, find a midwest tractor boneyard in a Google search and get one that way. Lot's of these smaller tractors around so the parts are out there. Don't even think of getting a price from New Holland unless you are filthy rich.

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim
Thanks for the reply. The hub is in fairly bad shape. It looks like the bolts have been loose for a while and the metal has torn out. If I can find a replacement, I think it will be better than welding it. I think the rim may still be OK. Do you know of any boneyards that would do mail order?

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim #4  
Can't think of the names but they are all in the upper midwest----Ohio, MI, WI, etc. google or search Farm Week or one of the weekly pubs. They list the models they have for parts.
It's not that hard for a welding shop that is familiar with this stuff to fix. No shipping fees, either. I have seen far worse fixed. Advise how you make out.

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim #5  
Look in a tractor house sales book if the have one near you or look them up on the web. hope this helps.:thumbsup:

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim
Just to followup, I was able to find a used "dish" from Worthington AG Parts. My sales guy was very helpful and I thought the $140 was a fair price.

The best part was how well it was packaged! ;-)

hub.jpg

/ Ford 1710 replacement rim #7  
Excellent.Maybe you could post a photo when the project is completed.
I wonder what the New Holland price for a new dish would have been. I'll guess $500 to $700?