Ford 1715 Stuck in gear

/ Ford 1715 Stuck in gear #1  

Science Man

Tractor
Ford 1715
Hello, I have a 1995 Ford 1715 4x4 compact tractor with approx. 800hrs. Tractor has worked great until yesterday after bush hogging for approx 1/hrs. It appears to be stuck in second gear. I took the gear cover off and all appears to be OK no obvious damage or warn or broken gears. Anyone have any idea's on how to get it unstuck. Im not real mechanical but can try. Would like to avoid costly shop repair as nearest dealer wants $300 just to pick up and deliver. any suggestions will be appreciated. I read a post that you can slide the gears with a screwdriver is this advisable or not. If so how do i do it. Thanks Bill. Geneseo NY.

/ Ford 1715 Stuck in gear #2  
Look with a flashlight, try wiggling the gears. Something is broken or stuck or cracked. I think you can find it if you look harder.

/ Ford 1715 Stuck in gear #3  
You may want to drain the transmission oil and see if anything besides oil comes out.
You can always put the oil back in if it checks out clean.

/ Ford 1715 Stuck in gear #4  
mine was doing the same thing. the shift forks are sticking. they might be out of adjustment. you can take the shifter out and look down there with a mirror. leave the shifter unbolted and wiggle it around and you can get it popped back into N. i am rebuilding mine currently so hopefully i have cured the problem.