Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #11  
I have a clutch question maybe you guys could help me with. On my 1720 the clutch just quit, no warning nothing. I can only get the tractor into low gear. ANy help?

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #12  
Need more information. Is it rusted in place and not releasing; will not move. Need to know before any answers can be posted.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #13  
TB, The clutch does act like it should (no spongyness or slip) and it moves the tractor just fine. It just has the knocking noise whenever it is let out whether moving or not.

My 2240 does that when in neutral with the clutch out. Never noticed a noise when in gear.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #14  
dq- How do I tell if it rusted in place?

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #15  
Don't know how this worked but it did. The old timer who works on tractors in the area said: Put it in low drag your arena and engage the PTO with the clutch pedal depressed. I did it for 10 minutes and pop the clutch works. Any clue on what was the matter? Anything I should be careful/concerned with? Thanks for all the help guys.

/ Ford 1720 clutch pedal noise #16  
Don't know how this worked but it did. The old timer who works on tractors in the area said: Put it in low drag your arena and engage the PTO with the clutch pedal depressed. I did it for 10 minutes and pop the clutch works. Any clue on what was the matter? Anything I should be careful/concerned with? Thanks for all the help guys.

That should work, can do the same thing with a tiller. I'll just start it very slowly and increase the rpm for it to break loose.

JC,