Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal?

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #21  
Merry Christmas eve,
I have their number, and two other dealers in and around the area. All were closed on Saturday, surprisingly. I viewed their order page complete with picture break down of all 1910 parts and the ones I need say, " Not available" how nice. Actually, the breakdown doesn't even show the larger o-rings I need. This project have been very challenging. It will be a beautiful looking and totally rebuilt tractor that no one will buy. Anyway, have a wonderful holiday.
Guarantee those o-rings are cataloged, just not on the page you expect to find them on.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #22  
Hello Rick,
"guaranteed"? The 0-rings are cataloged? Just not where you would expect to find them? LOL They looked and looked, and looked and finally said they are not listed anywhere. Well, I just spent 1 1/2 hours at Chambers Ford in Montgomery, NY, on the Ford/New Holland parts site and guess what? Those parts are NOT listed anywhere on the Ford/New Holland parts site. They did however have the drive shaft seals in stock and even though the large, 3 1/2 inch diameter o-ring was not listed in the parts blow up or have a part number they had it in stock in the back. Only the mechanic knew about it the private stash of 0-rings. LOL . he also told me how to easily install the drive shaft (not talked about in any book) They also can test my injectors for $12.00 each. These guys, and gals are very helpful, very friendly and have sooooo many parts in stock for these old tractors. They are even next door to Orange County choppers (Jr) chopper shop. They also had the smaller o-rings I needed, in stock. I guess from what I was hearing , they have sold a lot of these tractors in the past. Chambers Ford 845-457-3094

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #23  
I am thinking the o-rings are SBA052300400. Cataloged on page 07C05 Rear Transmission gears w/4WD; reference #40.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #24  
Hello, Thanks for looking into this, They had that o-ring, but it was a different one I was referring to. The owner told me that it was for some reason left out of the parts description/order page on this tractor and why they had to find another source for this o-ring and keep them in the back. weird. It is not shown anywhere.
Hope you had a great Christmas and a happy new year is on the way.

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #26  
mtnwings: Thanks for the 12/26 note; You state "he also told me how to easily install the drive shaft (not talked about in any book)" Could you share the tip with us? I'm looking at the same challenge. Thanks

/ Ford 1910 Drive Shaft Removal? #27  
I split my 1710 yesterday and the driveshaft dropped out of the front differential as described. I would like to remove the front collar and replace the seal and o-ring but it looks like it would hit the oil pan before it could be removed. Am I right?? Also could mtnwings share the easy method of re-installing the driveshaft as this along with getting the transmission front shaft into the clutch disc and pilot bearing occur at the same time.

Last edited: