Ford 2000 3cyl gas-wont stay running

/ Ford 2000 3cyl gas-wont stay running
</font><font color="blueclass=small">( Re-read Rick's post, check those 3 filters. Also, I'm not sure how that tank is vented, through the tank or at the cap, but check that too. )</font>
Howdie, I have taken the gas tank completely off of tractor and cleaned it out, put several small ball bearings, washers and small nuts inside of it and had a **** good time dancing to the Labamba with it as my partner, several times over. Oh yea I did put some tank cleaner in with all of the nuts. Cleaned out the screen in the cut off valve in the tank, was pretty nasty, but sparcklin clear now. I will check the other two this mornin when the sun gets up. I will probably go ahead and take the carb off and check the inside of it while I am at it. Does anyone know what the float should be set at, or how I should set the the idle screw, or whatever ya call it, only has one. Thanks for all ya'lls HELP. Bullfrog
Oh and as the tank vent, I do not know how it is vented. One thing I have noticed is, I did cut the fuel line between the tank cut off valve and the fuel pump and installed an in-line gas filter. Now after it has started and ran and shut off deal, I can take the glass bowl off of the original strainer and it seems to have some back pressure or some kinda pressure now that it didnt before I put the new inline filter on it. Is this my imagination or could this really be happenin? Thanks again <font color="black"> </font>
Sorry dont know how the **** color changed, but maybe this fixed that at least.

/ Ford 2000 3cyl gas-wont stay running #12  
On the old gravity feed systems, like on the N and hundred series tractors, an inline pleated fuel filter sometimes effected fuel flow... with apump i doubt it.

Sounds like your bowl is going dry.. might be crud in the needle. Grab a carb kit and some cleaner and go for it.

Soundguy

/ Ford 2000 3cyl gas-wont stay running #13  
sounds like a fuel problem. Take the new in line filter out and splice in a peice of hose and see if that corrects the problem, also some filters can be put in backwards and not work right. just a few more things to try.

/ Ford 2000 3cyl gas-wont stay running #14  
Another point, some inline filters are for gravity feed and some are for fuel pump systems. I put one for a pump type system on a gravity feed briggs once and it would not rev up all the way, changed to a gravity feed type and all was good.

Ben