Ford 2000 brake sticking

/ Ford 2000 brake sticking #1  

Limbhangers

Tractor
Ford 5200
1974 Ford 2000 8 speed power steering

Just bought the tractor. Changed all the fluids today and I'm down to working on the brakes. Tractor runs good. Brakes work but pedals won't return to up position. Previous owner didn't know what a grease gun was and the grease fitting on the back or outside pedal rear won't take grease so I'm going to pull it clean the hole and see if I can get some grease to flow. I installed new pedal return springs today thinking that would fix it but did not. Then found the grease fitting just cleaning up the tractor a bit in that general area. Pedals seem free and not binding and can lift them back up easily with a foot or by hand. Again, brakes seem straight otherwise.
Questions:

Does that grease fitting grease both pedals or is there another under that I haven't found? (Dirty under there but I'm working on that)

Parking brake doesn't seem to work. Is it supposed to be spring loaded. Mine seems solid and the little pawl doesn't seem to shift far enough over to engage the teeth. Hilly around here so I need to work on that

Do the return springs at the drum provide any help in returning the pedal or is that not really connected?

If I need to take that bar behind the pedal off is that a complete tear down at which point I should just install new brake parts all the way around since I'm in there that far?

Thanks for the help in advance.

I get this fixed then the gauges working and she'll be a pretty nice little tractor.

Disclaimer: I'm from Alabama so improper use of grammar and spelling in this post is unavoidable.:D:D

/ Ford 2000 brake sticking #2  
The outer pedal is the only one with a grease fitting, the other one pivots inside the transmission case. The parking pawl probably needs cleaning and oiling. The springs on the pedals should bring them all the way up to the rubber stop on the front of the foot rest. Those springs are pretty stiff if you have the correct ones.