ford 2000 Leaking fluid

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid #1  

eazyduzzit

Bronze Member
Tractor
1967 Ford 2000, 2005 MF 1429
I bought an old '67 model 2000 Ford and it is leaking what looks to be hydraulic fluid. I crawled under it, and it is coming from around the shaft where the clutch pedal is attached. I don't see any way of removing the clutch pedal to put a seal in it.

Does anyone know what is involved in fixing this. It's leaking pretty bad.
Thanks, Jim

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid #2  
It's leaking around the clutch pedal probably cause the bellhousing drain is plugged. My guess is your tranny input shaft seal let go.. it's about a 3$ part.. that you have to split the tractor to repair. Tip.. use the tranny input shaft if you need to replace and realign the clutch... or just do the seal.. etc. If it has an SOS tranny.. this info -may- not apply.

Soundguy

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid
It's not a SOS, it's a 4 speed.

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid
I think I mislead you a little in my original post. It's not leaking at the front of the transmission. The clutch pedal is actually attached behind the trans. I am attempting to attach a couple of pictures to help explain.
Clutchpedal2.jpg

Clutchpedal.jpg

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid #5  
Ok.. gotcha.. I was think clutch actuating shaft for some reason.

Ok.. after searcing my MPC, I see that has a bushing there on the pedal and cross shaft, but no seal.. my guess would be tranny output shaft/countershaft seal is going. My manual only covered the early 2000 units.. however the 4spd tranny drawing I compaired to a blow up of a later 4 spd.. they look strikingly similar.

I'd look for an inspection cover to take a looksee.. But after seeing your pic.. it's got to be between tranny to rear end coupling leaking... and that makes me thing output shaft ..

soundguy

/ ford 2000 Leaking fluid #6  
I had a 73 model that leaked in the exact same place but not as bad. Give it another 6 years and it probably will be. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I sold the tractor so it's no longer my concern. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I did howver point it out to the new owner before he bought it.