Ford 2000 Lift Questions????

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #1  

dustnmud

Tractor
Ford Model 1920

How do I go about fixing the hydraulics on my old tractor? It is slam worn out. It can run 45 minutes, sometimes it will lift the box blade, sometimes it will not.... It has been a great tractor.... I just need to get some ideas on how to do the repairs myself...... Not really worth taking to shop to get repaired, How much trouble?? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance:thumbsup:

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #2  
First, I would suggest getting a manual, and use it to trouble shoot the system.

Make yourself a hyd test set to test the pressure.

Tried to up load pic, but got this

Internal Server Error

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #3  

Not really worth taking to shop to get repaired, How much trouble??

How much is it worth? $50? $200? $500? If the problem is the lift cylinder seal, you are looking at a cheap repair with time being the main investment. If the main hydraulic pump is failing, it could be more toward the $500 figure or more.

A quick check to see if your lift cylinder is leaking is to raise the lift and then shut off the engine. If the lift drops, then most likely the lift cylinder seals are bad and you need to pull the hydraulic cover and do a seal replacement. If the lift stays up or drops really slowly, then the main pump could be at fault or the pressure relief valve stuck open. On a tractor as old as yours, probably nothing works perfectly, but if the lift won't work, a few quick checks can get you into the ballpark of where the worst problems are.

JJ had an excellent suggestion. You need a shop manual or an I&T manual for your tractor to help you along. That's a minimum investment that will pay off many times.

BTW: Is this Ford 2000 in addition to the Ford 1920 in your profile?

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #4  
Regarding JJ's reply I got a CD manual for my ford 3000 on ebay for something silly like 7.00 a few years ago. I think it includes 2000-6000 and a few others. It was something like 700 pages I think. It tells how to rebuild every little part on it.
Yes, I like my ford too. Love that baby blue and white enamel :).

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #5  
is this a 3 cyl 2000 or a 4 cyl 2000?

eiter way, the lift cover kit ruins about 10-15$

I'd repalce the cam pin as well if you pop the top cover.

need more info before we get into specifics.

corret oil? correct oil level?

soundguy

/ Ford 2000 Lift Questions???? #6  
is this a 3 cyl 2000 or a 4 cyl 2000?

eiter way, the lift cover kit ruins about 10-15$

I'd repalce the cam pin as well if you pop the top cover.

need more info before we get into specifics.

corret oil? correct oil level?

soundguy

also if a 3 cyl clean hyd filter