Ford 2000 loss of power

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #11  
Hey, Sound Guy i have the same problem still with my 3500. I rebuilt the holly carb and now it will not run without the choke on about 1/2 way i tried to tinkker with carb with no results. I have good flow before carb, cleaned filter in tank, bowl, and fuel line before carb. any help would be nice.

I wish i would have known about the replacement Zenith before i spent the $$ on the rebuild kit from CNH. is it worth buying the zeinth still??

Last edited:
   / Ford 2000 loss of power #12  
if you have a holley that's not working.. and you need a tractor.. have already rebuilt it.. then either getting it rebuilt by a pro.. or hanging a zenith on there is about your best bet..

soundguy

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #13  
I have it in the shop now i hope this will do the trick, sounds like from what other people ive talked to say the Zeinith is the way to go. I wouldnt learn a thing if it wasnt a day late.

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #14  
everything's a learning experience on a tractor.. sometimes you just gotta pay tuition.

when it's running good, you won't be thinking about the cost as much anymore.

soundguy

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #15  
Merry Christmas all - I'm having this same problem with my 2000 today. Running fine draging firewood logs out of forest, then on last return trip, it just died slowly.

Soundguy, do you have a part number for that replacement carb?? Mine has a holly on it and want to up grade.

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #16  
Either of these should work:

Carburetor, New - With reversible linkage. This Zenith carburetor outperforms the original carbs used on: 2000 (3 cylinder 158 gas only) (Replaces Holly Part No: R3012, R3656 also replaces OEM Part No: C5NN9510L). Center to center on the 2 mounting bolts is 2 11\16 inches. Made in USA, 1 year warranty. (Part No: 13915) $284.78 [Enlarge Picture]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carburetor, New - With reversible linkage. This Zenith carburetor outperforms the original carbs used on: 2000, 2100. For 3 cylinder 158 CID engines. Replaces OEM# C9NN9510A, C7NN9510B, D8NN9510AA, D6NN9510A, and Holley P\N R4119, R7867, R8552. Center to center on the 2 mounting bolts is 2 11\16 inches. Made in USA, 1 year warranty. (Part No: 13913)

/ Ford 2000 loss of power #17  
Thank you sound guy - calling my dealer tomorrow to see what his price is. Mine was the bottom one.