Ford 2000 mid 60's model.

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model. #11  
on the suction filter.. what happens is they usually get clogged with emulsigied oil and water slime.

what i have done is use diesel and alcohole and continually rinsed and re rinsed the sump.. and it disolves the sslime and lets it flow thru again...

yeah.. swell place for a filter.

x600 design with a spin on filter under the floorboard was a much better deal..

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model.
Hello again,
I did a version of what you suggested. I emptied the sump, and filled it with light oil/petrol. The I made a bung and drilled a hole in it, pushed it in to the suction pipe at the pump end, fixed up a compressed air hose and blew back into the sump down the pipe.. I repeated this numerous times, left it overnight, then emptied the sump whilst blowing air down the pipe. After this, and refilling, the hydraulics worked while I was operating the starter! Hows. that for a difference.
So now my tractor is working as it should.
Good advice from you there mate.
Thanks very much, much obliged.
Kind regards to all,
Jim.

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model. #13  
glad you got it.

have fun and post back

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model. #14  
Hello,

I have a Dexta and a Ford 2000 3 cyl. petrol with the hydraulic pump attached to the left rear of engine driven by camshaft? I was told that these pumps can lose their prime if sitting for awhile. The 2000 has a front end loader on it with a seperate oil supply tank up by loader control bank which I was told to keep when I reconnected the rear hydraulics which had been disconnected prior to me getting it.

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model.
Sounds like a useful system.My front hydraulics can take a little while to start to work, although a lot less time now that my hydraulics are in better shape!

/ Ford 2000 mid 60's model. #16  
The way I hook it up was using a flexible suction from diff end with a shut valve then bought the oil from loader tank with shut off valve into this that goes to the suction side of pump. On pressure side it over to the loader controls with two hydraulic valves to shut off the flow to loader controls and open pressure line to rear.