Ford 2000 On Trailer

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer
if the tires are unloaded and it's not a huge loader.. it's probably ok.

I can tell you I've for sure done it. but can also tell you that I got a bigger truck and trailer so that I don't have to do it anymore either. :)

i have an 850 with superior utility laoder on it and loaded 13.6-28 tires and a counterweight that probably weighs more than that 3 cyl and laoder.. and I've moved it on the trailer.. and only did so because i had a 1 ton pulling it... and knowing it was abusing the trailer too.. and it was a short 8m trip.. no way I'd do it on 100m
All I know is it's a Ford loader that came with it new. Would it be a 730 like another poster said? If so, are they easy to remove like the newer NH quick attach loaders or do you need a lift? I guess if we take the loader off the weight is then no problem. Would the loader fit in the back of the 1-ton pickup tow vehicle if we have another loader to lift it in or would we be making two trips? thanks.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #12  
Just because running down the road won't hurt the trailer doesn't make it necessarily safe.

i agree. many people may find an overloaded trailer, even if it does not hurt the frame, may be hard or ungainly to stop. Figure that the tow vehicle may be matched tot he trailer..and if the trailer is overloaded.. then the tow vehicle may be as well.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #13  
Just because running down the road won't hurt the trailer doesn't make it necessarily safe.

i agree. many people may find an overloaded trailer, even if it does not hurt the frame, may be hard or ungainly to stop. Figure that the tow vehicle may be matched tot he trailer..and if the trailer is overloaded.. then the tow vehicle may be as well.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #14  
All I know is it's a Ford loader that came with it new. Would it be a 730 like another poster said? If so, are they easy to remove like the newer NH quick attach loaders or do you need a lift? I guess if we take the loader off the weight is then no problem. Would the loader fit in the back of the 1-ton pickup tow vehicle if we have another loader to lift it in or would we be making two trips? thanks.

don't take this as advise.. as you are likely over the trailer rating.

me, personally.. with a 1 ton truck, and not in a hurry.. I'd probably put some contraption like that on and haul it, watching my stopping distances.. etc.

again.. as advise? i'd say it's not adviseable. :)

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #15  

If you can avoid it, I would leave that loader on , they are a full frame loader that attaches at the rear axle and to a plate that attaches to the front of the engine, But if the data plate on the trailer has you worried , you could de- pin the loader bucket and put that in the pick up bed..( and those buckets are heavy, double walled and reinforced, 400lbs.?) if it's like mine the loader arms have loops under them that u can hook a couple chains to to load un-load the bucket..

Also if you'r not sure whether the rear tires are loaded park the tractor with one wheel with the air fitting at the bottom and bleed the shrader valve, no fluid?? then haul it with the bucket in the bed, your weight should be just under4800 lbs. that should be ok even if the trailer is rated at 7k lbs. gross... unless that trailer weighs 2200 empty -I doubt it

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #16  
mine weighs 1700# empty, with ramps.. etc. 16' car hauler wood deck, 7k rated.. etc... just for ideas.. etc.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #17  
Just because you have a drivers license and a car or truck, doesn't make you a safe driver. Safe driving is in the way you drive. If you're pulling something that is at max capacity or a lil above doesn't make it unsafe. It's the way you drive that would make it unsafe/safe. That goes for anything you're driving. Loaded or empty. It's all in your driving capacity/skills. If you can't think ahead, outside the box, and watch out for possibles ahead, then you shouldn't pull it. There are some that shouldn't even be on the road, let along pulling something. I would have no fear about the pull. Well not no fear. I always fear what the dummy at the intersection will do. But then again, I allow for that.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #18  
One consideration yet unmentioned is whether the trailer has working brakes on both axles. If the answer is no, the tractor should not be hauled on it, period.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #19  
i believe your argument has a fundamental flaw.

you claim that the safe / unsafe factor relies solely on the driver / habits, and NONE at all on the load.

If you have an unsecured load of say.. tree debris. and wind came by and knocked a branch off into the road / oncoming traffic. i don't see that as a issue of driving habit. I'd say that was an unsafe load.

can't have it totally focused on one or the other. safety is a combination of ALL factors.

/ Ford 2000 On Trailer #20  
Again Soundguy, that goes back to a driver that knows what he's doing. A good driver is gonna secure the load and then some. The load is not calling the shots. The driver is.
A tractor is not a tree limb. Tractor is easier to secure. lol Trees debris won't go anywhere if properly secured. (hitting the open road, should be tarped. Been there done that.) How did we go from tractor to tree anyhow. Just curious.

On another note, if someone needs to ask what their carrying capacity is. Then I would think the safest way is not to.