ford 2000 rear end hydraulic fluid level indicator

/ ford 2000 rear end hydraulic fluid level indicator
Yeah I am starting to understand that now. Glad I checked, I initially replaced the fluid with the amount i got out. But it didn't sit well with me because the book kept stating one thing but I was looking at almost 10 gallons drained. I initially thought it was all the same but like I said when i looked in tranny i could tell it wasn't a common sump. After I drained out the excess fluid i initially installed it just seems like an awfully small amount of oil when you consider where the level plug is at in relation to the rear axle. Does it just sling the oil up when the lower gears come in contact and not so much of a bath?

/ ford 2000 rear end hydraulic fluid level indicator #12  
oil travels and gears turn... and yes.. slingers and gets slung..

you don't want oil pooled at input shaft seals and pto oil seal and axle seal levels...

/ ford 2000 rear end hydraulic fluid level indicator
Ok. An update, and its a good one. Pa in law took the starter off today. Upon getting it on the bench the nuts behind the electrical connections were loose, tightened'em down wire tied the starter to side of tractor facing out, reconnected the wires good and tight, hooked up the hot wire, grounded the starter, and hit the ignition. Bendex was doing what it is supposed to. So when I got off work, I headed over and we reinstalled the starter.

Holy crap, who would have thought one bolt would take an hour and half to install. Yeah that one in the back of the starter, impossible to get to. I could think of about twenty different little nifty gadgets that would have worked, but I never buy them because thats how I always view them. Nifty but I don't think I would ever have true need for them, yeah I was wrong.

Well I now have a $500 dollar wrench, because that's exactly what I would have paid to have one bent just like I did to one of mine. Always good to have some Chicom wrenches on hand, and my Grandads (WWII vets) said Japanese/chinese tools weren't worth crap! HaHa. Well I got one right now as long as I own this tractor I won't be getting rid of. Anyway, rambling; long story short...tractor fires up on the first crank and no wires are smoking.

/ ford 2000 rear end hydraulic fluid level indicator #14  
yep.. that 3rs one is rough.. especially on a diesel with a dual head filter an radius rods.. ;)