FORD 2600 altenator

/ FORD 2600 altenator #1  

Jrusche

Tractor
Ford 2600
Trying to change my alternator out of my tractor to a one wire or with internal regulator. I am having a hard time finding one any help would be great. Help finding or help changing it out. I am new to all this

/ FORD 2600 altenator #2  
You could get one for an older Chevrolet but you'd need to fabricate mounts for it. You may also need to change the pulley to get the correct speed.

/ FORD 2600 altenator #3  
Trying to change my alternator out of my tractor to a one wire or with internal regulator. I am having a hard time finding one any help would be great. Help finding or help changing it out. I am new to all this
What does it have now? An externally regulated alternator or a generator? Either way, a Delco style one wire will not be an easy fit without a fight. There are numerous conversion kits available that come with MOST of what you need. Sometimes the existing pulley can be made to work on the new alternator, but not always. The brackets usually require some modifications somewhere in order to get the pulleys lined up. You will also need a longer fan belt. This is just one of them. As usual, some will be better than others.

/ FORD 2600 altenator #4  
Is your wiring harness toast? Is that why you are changing your alternator out? The Lucas alternator on the Fords isn’t terrible.

/ FORD 2600 altenator
My alternator went bad and the harness has been eaten on pretty good

/ FORD 2600 altenator
Is your wiring harness toast? Is that why you are changing your alternator out? The Lucas alternator on the Fords isn’t terrible.
Yes the wire harness was torn up by wildlife.