Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #1  

Gunnwolf75

Tractor
Ford 3000 C1013C
Good morning, I have another older tractor project. 1975 ford 3000, C1013C , C453051, 5A21B ( Eng D5NN6015G ) ( Trans D2NN7006 ) . Delphi Cav #3233F651 / 140BJ. This pump is noted on 201ci engine and my engine is 175ci per model and serial number. Apparently tractor ran good till parked 3 years ago in field. I cleaned and rebuilt the pump, still fuel not making through to injector ports, small fuel passages still plugged in head and rotor so soaking in cleaner now. Main question is, if I replace pump, do I get the replacement for 175ci or 201ci..

Thanks

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #2  
Hi,
I read something about a technique to increase the output of a diesel motor by increasing the injection pump output. Perhaps this is the reason a pump capable of running a larger ci engine was fitted, likely after the original one needed repair.

I would stick with a 175 ci pump and the resulting power output versus anything that might increase the power output above original specs on a nearly 50 year old machine.

I have a Ford 3000 and injector pump rebuild is my next task.

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #3  
Hi,
I read something about a technique to increase the output of a diesel motor by increasing the injection pump output. Perhaps this is the reason a pump capable of running a larger ci engine was fitted, likely after the original one needed repair.

I would stick with a 175 ci pump and the resulting power output versus anything that might increase the power output above original specs on a nearly 50 year old machine.

Just curious here, do you also plan to "do it yourself"?

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #5  
One question....Do you have a pump stand?

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #6  
Just curious here, do you also plan to "do it yourself"?
Hi,
I do, if I can find the time, which I usually do. I get a lot of satisfaction out of doing these things myself. Crrently replacing hydraulic pump in Massey 35 and fitting a FEL. Prior was power steering pump reseal on Ford 3000. My tractors are old, and a working hobby, so I have 2 of them so that one is usually serviceable.
I've found someone in the UK to identify injector element type for my pump and a local fuel injection workshop who offer a calibrate only service. Likely I'll do it this winter.

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #7  
Fellas..I do this all day long, 12 hr days, 7 days a week..
Why put yourself thru the agony.??
Hi,
I'm not sure why the negativity around diy on fuel injection. I had some supportive comments 33 years ago when my manual gearbox needed repairs so I diy'd the repair with their help. That kick started an enjoyable hobby that's saved me a lot of money over those years. Who to say what other people enjoy?

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues
Hi,

That was my thought also, when I opened the pump inlet and found considerable amount of rust and gunk and it extended into the head and rotor. I have done a lot of cleaning and polishing everything. It's a never give up never surrender thing.. Thx for the response...

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #9  
An injection pump is not a gearbox or a power steering pump. I work on those on a regular basis myself. Just my opinion here, but an injection pump is not homeowner serviceable. If you choose to "rebuild" one yourself at home, then by all means, go for it. You may be better at it than the rest of us, but don't be surprised if it won't run right, or that it won't run at all.

/ Ford 3000 Delphi Cav pump issues #10  
And I'm not kidding myself that what I'll do is a proper rebuild. I'm just planning on swapping out some elements, replacing seals/gaskets and having it calibrated.

I'll report back after, success or fail.