Ford 3000-engine missing out

/ Ford 3000-engine missing out #11  
I took a friends Corvette into the shop when I was in Auto Mechanic's class. He had done everything he could think of to make it "not miss and run rough". We hooked it up to an analyzer and the dwell kept changing. Turned out the bushings in the distributor were worn, allowing the shaft to move during operation, thereby changing the dwell. Dropped a new distributor in, and it worked great. Tack drive gear went out on that new distributor after 7,000 miles and Accel wouldn't warranty it since they had quit making it 10 years earlier. I pressed them harder about it, and they finally agreed that it shouldn't have gone out sitting in the garage, and 7K miles shouldn't hurt it either, so they sent me a new distributor. Nothing wrong with the old dual point if you don't need tack drive unit on it.

David from jax

(that vette is now in my garage)

/ Ford 3000-engine missing out #12  
You say you replaced the carb and have to fiddle with the choke. It sounds to me like it needs richened up.

/ Ford 3000-engine missing out #13  
Here is a link to a site that might have an owners manual for your tractor. They also have parts and service manuals for alot of tractors. I just ordered an owners manual for mine.

The site was SSB Tractor Parts, Manuals, Implements for Farm & Antique Tractors

SSB Tractor Parts, Manuals, Implements for Farm & Antique Tractors

/ Ford 3000-engine missing out #14  
You replaced the carb. Did you ajust the mixture screw to where it idols
the best and smoothest? Could be something as simple as an adjustment.