Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly

/ Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly #1  

johnking

Silver Member
Tractor
1965 Massey 135
The lift would drop some during bushogging but sometimes stay but it worked good enough. So while I had the tractor drained to replace a PTO seal. I cleaned the extremely dirty mesh filter and replaced the paper one. I placed a new cover gasket, added 5 gal utf and buttoned the old girl up. Now the lift does nothing? What are the most likely mistakes that I could have made? Also a pick axe will lift that cover off like nothing.

/ Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly #2  
Rear sump is also Hyds, trans is separate.. Fill both?

Check for prime at plug under seat, 3x5" cover with engine running you should have oil there.

If none, wrap rag around air blow gun and put some pressure to the rear sump, engine running, 3pt handle up.

Still nada?

Check it in draft mode.

Post back

/ Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly
I filled through the cap over the rear axle until utf came out the check hole(approx 5 gals). If I did not drain the trans I should not have to mess with it should I? I tried the lift with little handle up and little handle down, nothing. I unscrewed the square headed bolt on the hyd pump a little and oil came out. Lift arms move freely by hand. I will check for prime tomorrow after work. Thanks for the help SG. Also the little handle(draft control I believe) moves a little when I move the lit controller.

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly #4  
If you have a remote, make sure it I nit engaged. Make sure asc not kicked out.

/ Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly
I took the cover off and cleaned up the draft control. I think the remote might have been engaged. Anyway everything works now. Thanks for the help SG.

/ Ford 3000 lift does not move after reassmbly #6  
Yup, remote will sure do it if engaged.