Ford 3000 Model Year?

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #11  
Looking at the sheet metal my guess is the serial number is C110330 making it a 1965 model. It's definitely a 3000 ag model with what appears to be a Ford 730 industrial loader installed. Be careful that front axle wasn't designed to handle the weight that loader can lift. The D125 may be part of a date code I'm not sure. You can buy the service manual in CD form or book form for $20 -$30 and operators manual for $30 - $35 on ebay you will want both. For $400 you stole it.

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #12  
There should only be one breather on the tractor.. and IMHO.. it is oil bath... post a pic of your '2nd' breather. I don't think the dry filter breathers hit till the X600 series... but then.. I have much less experience with the 65+ models.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Model Year?
If you look at pic of tractor I posted you will see it right below the muffler on the side. the one on top and side meet up at a canister that runs to carb. The #s from the lift plate seem to put its man. date at 73,Jan. 29 Day shift, 3A29B. Thanks, David

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #14  
David,

You may have a tractor that's had major components swapped out over the years. I agree the date code on the lift plate is from '73. All of the major components will have a date code cast into them. It would be interesting to see what the others are.

I can answer you breather question. The second one below the muffler is not a breather but the filter housing. The gas tractors use a paper element while the deisels use an oil bath as soundguy says.

This leads to another question. I thought someone decoded the number off the trans as a deisel in an earlier post. If it's a gas and they decoded the model number correctly this is more evidence that some parts have been swapped out. You may even have a "mutt" which is a tractor assembled from one or more donor tractors. Nothing wrong with that especially for what you have invested. You could double your money just by selling the loader.

Rick

/ Ford 3000 Model Year?
Put the lift plate back on and primed the pump and now the 3-pt works, now all we have to do is fix the seals in the power steering. getting it back together slowly but surely. thanks for all the help

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #16  
Glad to hear it.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #17  
In general. "I" was not used to avoid the confusion with "1" in date codes.

/ Ford 3000 Model Year? #18  
Castings are not too bad.. it's the stampings that get funky with the mixed set of stamps..

soundguy