ford 3000 snow blower

/ ford 3000 snow blower #1  

trentonford3000

Bronze Member
Tractor
ford 3000
I am starting a thread that i have never found. what size snow blower should i run on a ford 3000 it is an 8 speed two stage clutch. There will be alot of drifts for it so i dont know what is better a single auger (large) a single auger (small) or a dual auger. Forum are some with teeth and some with just a regular spiral. The tractor has around 45 hp i believe and is 74" wide. What has worked for you guys in the past?

/ ford 3000 snow blower #2  
Snow blowers eat HP. I would not go beyond 60", (72" in good conditions).

Your 3000 is rated between 38 - 40 PTO HP depending upon vintage, transmission and fuel.

SDT

/ ford 3000 snow blower #3  
If your tractor is 74" wide the 72" would be border line on clearing a path especially if you are turning corners. 60" would just be an ongoing irritation since your rear tires would always be running into the snow banks. I had a dual auger 96" that I used with a Ford 5600 Diesel. In deep snow you had to feather the clutch at times but it got the job done.

/ ford 3000 snow blower
it is a gas with an 8 speed. The driveway is strait. My uncle runs a 8 foot on a wd but he doesn't have enough power to throw it. he actually found a 6 foot with a big single auger not in the greatest shape for $600 will this blower work for drifts? he advised me to not go as big as a 7 foot is he correct ? the tractor is 72 inches wide but the tire chains add another two inches

/ ford 3000 snow blower #5  
it is a gas with an 8 speed. The driveway is strait. My uncle runs a 8 foot on a wd but he doesn't have enough power to throw it. he actually found a 6 foot with a big single auger not in the greatest shape for $600 will this blower work for drifts? he advised me to not go as big as a 7 foot is he correct ? the tractor is 72 inches wide but the tire chains add another two inches

Your tractor has two reverse gears. One too slow, the other too fast. A cheap 6' blower is a very good start to see if you want to run a blower with that tractor. You probably don't. I have a 74" blower that I used a couple times on a Ford 4000 with the same 8 speed transmission and a few more HP. Not good. I now use it on a Case 885 which has about 10 less HP and 2 more reverse choices. Much better. 42 PTO HP and a six foot blower is a pretty good match until the snow gets really deep, then it's a load.