ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #11  
You have been told correctly, the T idea won't work.

When using my backhoe I help anchor myself with the loader. So with the ball valve I would have to switch to the loader and ground myself, then switch back and run the hoe. Every time I want to move I'd have to repeat this. Make sure you locate the valve where it's easily accessible, mounted on a firm bracket so you don't have to hold it while turning the handle.

A PTO pump will cost $400 or more.

The backhoe reservoir is adequate or it wouldn't have been built that size. First objective is enough fluid to extend all cylinders at once without sucking air. Additional fluid is only used to maintain a cooler fluid temperature.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe.
Ya I was just at the store looking at the parts. It'll be roughly $200 to do the ball valve option. I think I'm going fo that way. I'll probably mount it up by the loader controls. So it's easy to swap as I'm getting on or off.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #13  
Anxious to follow your progress!!!

Well I'm considering the pto pump now. If found out my backhoe is a liberty LW-6, from china. I was reading somewhere that around 8gpm is what it's designed for. Not sure if that's true or not. But an 8gpm pto pump isn't that far off the price of the ball valve route. And would be a lot easier to plum. Also if I out some quick connects on the pump then I can use it for other things in the future too.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #15  
GPM will have no effect on power/strength, it only dictates speed. PSI controls power/strength.

If it's designed for 8gpm I would make sure I didn't go under that. Might be better served with 10gpm.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #16  
I would like to say a couple of things that you can put in the back of your mine. If you only use the backhoe now and then you more then likely well not be using all of the 8gpm. Also to get the 8 you have to run at PTO max speed.

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #17  
Valid points Lee.

So would it be better to get like a 14gpm pump so my tractors not cranked the whole time

/ ford 3000, want to connect a 3 point hitch backhoe. #19  
With a PTO pump I run 1400-1500 rpm.

I run 1200-1300 rpm with my crankshaft driven pump.

Any guess if this would work?
The Tractor Man, Inc.

They use the same pump on their backhoes they sell. They look similar to mine. Just need to figure out hoses and adapters or whatever to hook it all up