Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #1  

Zym

First post...

A few years ago, I bought a well-used Ford 3610. Looked like it was set up for mowing county roadways or something. But it seemed to run fine. First thing I did was take it to a local dealer and had a Westendorf loader put on it because I really needed a loader.

Well, it didn't quite work the same as my father-in-law's factory-installed loader with joystick control on his 2120. Namely, they plumbed it to the existing rear remotes leaving me to operate the loader using the levers on the valve box below the seat. While that's alright for very infrequent use, my arms just aren't long enough to operate the loader without hunkering down.

As an incentive to change this, the existing 2-spool valve is giving me some problems, ie: the bucket tilt won't hold. I think that the cylinder for this is good because when I disconnect the hose to it, the bucket tilt holds - even with a load. Of course, I'm no mechanic either.

I am looking at installing an aftermarket loader valve (mounted in a comfortable position, of course) - possibly one of the Brand valves - they seem reasonably priced.

I'm not sure how the hooking up part should go. I really don't see me using the rear remotes for anything but they would be nice to have.

Is there an hydraulic adapter plate (or power beyond) available for this model tractor that I could use to plumb to and still keep my rear remotes? I'm just not finding anything that lists my tractor model. Or, if not, what do I need to get?

Many thanks in advance!

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #2  
Both New Holland and TISCO sell a "tapping manifold" that fits between your existing remote valve and the three point hitch cover that the remote valve is bolted to. This manifold allows you to send oil to a power beyond style loader control valve without compromising your existing remote valve or thre point hitch function.

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader
Thanks. I checked the New Holland and Tisco websites but couldn't find 'tapping manifolds' specifically - probably operator error on my part.

I did, however, find these adapter plates (I'm guessing that's another name for the manifolds) but I'm not finding my specific model number - 3610 - listed. Maybe I'm not reading the model number fitment correctly. Here is some copy/paste:

HV5902 Adapter kit. Can replace OEM
adapter plate 9613790. Adapter
plate in HV5902 kit features three
ports: (1) pressure port, (1)
power-beyond port and (1) return
port. All ports 3/4" - 16 ORB. Kit
contains adapter plate, o-rings,
mounting bolts, plugs, and
instructions. For models with
single-pump hydraulic system,
tractors 500-900 (1955-1960);
2000, 4000 (USA-1964);
2000-5000 (1965-1975);
2600-6600 (1975-1981);
industrials 230-545. Not for AG
10 series, 5900 produced after
April 1986, or industrial C- or Dseries
tractors.

I take it that this one won't fit because my 3610 is considered an AG 10-series tractor? Which leaves this one:

HV4902 Adapter plate kit. Contains
1-HV4901 adapter plate,
mounting cap screws, o-rings and
mounting instructions. For
tractors with single-pump
hydraulic system 500-900
(1955-1960); 2000-4000
(USA-1964); 2000-5000
(1965-1975); 2600-6600
(1975-1981); industrials 230-545.

Will my model number fit within these model ranges?

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #4  
So long as your 3610 has a single hydraulic pump, remote valve mounted directly on the hitch cover with standard remote couplers mounted in horizontally oriented pairs at the rear, HV4902 will work. If you have deluxe remotes mounted at the rear of the hitch cover with long operating handles on the right and valves with integral couplers oriented vertically in pairs, neither kit will work.

You will still need the proper two spool Power Beyond capable valve and joystick to operate the loader.

Resurrecting an old thread because I still haven't done anything to fix this yet - and winter (snow removal) is coming up and I don't want to have to hand shovel my driveway again this winter - lol.

Here are some pictures of what I have:

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

These show the remote valve located on top of the tranny.

IMG_1763.jpg

This shows the rear remote couplers that the loader is currently hooked into.

The tractor has a single hydraulic pump inside the tranny (which I replaced a few years ago).

Now, looking at the photos, will the HV4902 adapter plate work with my setup?

If it does, can someone also recommend a single joystick type of control valve that I can hook into this adapter to operate my FEL? Perhaps a Brand or Prince valve including the model number? I'm a little (alot) confused as to whether this is an open/closed system, whether I need regen, detent, etc.

I will likely replace the O-rings in my current 2-spool valve yet again.

I'd appreciate any help y'all can provide!

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #6  
Resurrecting an old thread because I still haven't done anything to fix this yet - and winter (snow removal) is coming up and I don't want to have to hand shovel my driveway again this winter - lol.

Here are some pictures of what I have:

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

These show the remote valve located on top of the tranny.

IMG_1763.jpg

This shows the rear remote couplers that the loader is currently hooked into.

The tractor has a single hydraulic pump inside the tranny (which I replaced a few years ago).

Now, looking at the photos, will the HV4902 adapter plate work with my setup?

If it does, can someone also recommend a single joystick type of control valve that I can hook into this adapter to operate my FEL? Perhaps a Brand or Prince valve including the model number? I'm a little (alot) confused as to whether this is an open/closed system, whether I need regen, detent, etc.

I will likely replace the O-rings in my current 2-spool valve yet again.

I'd appreciate any help y'all can provide!

I'm not familiar with the adapter plate part number that you referenced, but I just added one to my Ford 4610 with the intention of freeing the tractor remotes and adding a loader control valve. All that plate does as I understand it is to provide you a pressure port (power beyond)and a return port. The rest of it just matches up to your remote valves. As long as it fits the manifold on the top of the lift cover and matches to the remote valve body, you should be good to go. It looks like you have the deluxe remotes whereas my tractor has the dual remote valves that actuate via levers under the seat and the remotes themselves are on each side of the seat. As far as valves, you might try Surplus Center.

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #7  
all you need it the Hydraulic Adapter plate (part # HV4902 which cost about 50 dollars) it will bolt under your remote body and a two spool valve with a joystick coversion (that will be the cheapest as for as valves go)

I do appreciate the replies! Looks like the HV4902 plate should fit. I'll roll the dice with this and probably the Brand loader valve and see what happens. Thanks!

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #9  
that looks like a standard tisco add on valve . though it does have a different set of valve handles on it.

I'd check the geometry of the valving and plumbing to see if you have room to ad that 1" thick plate and have hose connections come out the sides of it.

soundguy

/ Ford 3610 w/aftermarket loader #10  
that looks like a standard tisco add on valve . though it does have a different set of valve handles on it.

I'd check the geometry of the valving and plumbing to see if you have room to ad that 1" thick plate and have hose connections come out the sides of it.

soundguy

it should that is just the handles for the cabed version tractor