Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #11  
Five gallons is very low. I think the whole system hold 12 gallons, at least mine does. I have 2WD and no Aux hydraulics.
Check it again after a warm up. Too much oil can be bad at times.

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #12  
my 2910 was 8 gallons low when I bought it. I bought a gallon twice then a 5 gallon then another 5 gal and only needed a gallon of that one. Sure is cheaper in the 5 gal. bucket. I am very seriously considering selling my 2910, actualy it is at a dealers now, waiting 2 see what he will offer for it. Great tractor no problems. just dont use it enough to keep it around.

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #13  
What you gonna replace it with?

soundguy

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #14  
my buddy that has the place I keep my tractor at has his grandads 4000. Hasnt been run maybe twice since he bought the new deere, and I bought his 2910. He will never get rid of the 4000. He knows I will treat it like it deserves, so he told me if I want to use it I can have 24/7 access to it. that way it wont sit there and rot away. And I am keeping all my implements just selling the 2910.

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own
sunspot said:
Five gallons is very low. I think the whole system hold 12 gallons, at least mine does. I have 2WD and no Aux hydraulics.
Check it again after a warm up. Too much oil can be bad at times.

Mine holds 12 gallons, too, according to the manual. I'll check it when it's hot, and if needed, I'll get another 5 gallon bucket and put as much as I need in there to top it off.

I did bushhog part of the the fields, and everything seemed to go OK. we ran it for several hours and it didn't drop or stop the PTO at all.

The only thing I noticed is that the 3-point was "bouncing" a little (like it was dropping a little bit, then moving back up to the right level). I haven't changed the hyd. filter yet - the guy at the shop gave me the wrong one so I have to take it back. I'm hoping the filter solves that problem. If not, maybe there's a leak somewhere where it is losing pressure.

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #16  
The filter is almost certaintly not the bobbing problem. That system utilizes an unloading valve on the hyds.. You are likely seeing leakdown and regeneration.. Prime areas for leaks are the lift piston/oring.. etc. Small leaks/leakdown is almost normal.. or at least common.. especially at low rpm.. if it is doing it bad.. it is a significant leak.

soundguy

/ Ford 3910 3-point drops on its own #18  
No that's like almost 100%.. but there are a few other pidly things it could be.

Kinda like finding a sunk ship in a bay with a hole blown open at the water line, and finding 9 floating mines in the water where it was, and finding 10 mine moorings under water on the bay floor.

yeah.. could be something else.. but it's real likely it struck that 10th mine that is now missing!

soundguy