Ford 3910 Drains battery and won't start

/ Ford 3910 Drains battery and won't start #21  
My bet is the battery has a cell shorted internally. This could give you just enough for that first crank and then discharge. You will need to charge battery fully, then take somewhere that has a load tester. (Advance Auto, Napa, etc.) This should shed some light on your problem. A proper functioning battery discharging that quickly would equal a fire or smoke as a previous poster mentioned.

/ Ford 3910 Drains battery and won't start #22  
Are you sure the switch to the starter is shutting off when you release the start button when you release it? A running starter motor will drain the battery fast.

/ Ford 3910 Drains battery and won't start
Geesehaven back here and all I can say is I had A LOT better day with the 3910 than the Broncos had with the Seahawks (Lord have mercy!). After replacing the battery, starter, fuel filters, battery cables (which I now think was the primary problem), bleeding the fuel filters and priming both the low and high pressure sides of the fuel pump ... she fires right up and purrs like a kitten, hallelujah. I learned a lot and admittedly it was a bit of a shotgun approach but I should be good to go for a while at least on these issues. A huge thanks to the Tractorbynet members for your sage and helpful advice and sticking with me over a couple of week project. You were most helpful and I am most grateful. Thanks again and until the next time, Geesehaven.