3-Point Hitch Ford 3910 Lower Lift Arms

/ Ford 3910 Lower Lift Arms #1  

Str8 6

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 2606H
I have a late 1989 or early 1990 Ford 3910 and am searching for replacement lower lift arms. The aftermarket is loaded with every lift arm imaginable for these old school tractors but Ford seems to have pulled a fast one on us or as I call it, they "John Deered" us. The arms on the tractor right now are OEM part number 82002004. Every aftermarket option references this number. The problem is the OEM CAT 2 ball on the tractor end 1 1/8" wide and all the aftermarkets ball ends are 1 3/4" wide. I contacted Yesterdays Tractors and spoke with a gentleman that was able to have their aftermarket arm option measured and they measured 1 3/8" wide so I am ordering a set of those. I can make those work I do believe. Has anyone else run into this? If so, what was your solution? I will post back with the results so maybe anyone in the future dealing with this will have some help.

/ Ford 3910 Lower Lift Arms #2  
I used to just get new balls and weld them on.
Make a template before cutting them off so you get the same length

/ Ford 3910 Lower Lift Arms
I finally got back on this project. I was almost to the point of just replacing the ends with new weld on ones but I couldn't find any that were less than 1 3/4" wide. The 1 3/8" wide ball ends in the lower arms I ordered from Yesterdays work well enough. There is about an 1/8" that isn't supported buy the shoulder on the pin but it wont hurt a thing. I must say it is nice not hearing and feeling all that popping from the lower arms when turning as the balls slip in and out of the worn out arms. Anyway, If you have one of these tractors with CAT 2 lower arms, the ones Yesterday's sells seem to work.