Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #1  

cjah

Tractor
Ford 5610 II 4WD / Ford 3910
Hello Ford 3910 owners...hoping you can help with a question: How wide is your 3910 at the rear tires (outside dimensions)? Tractor data is showing 69" but that seems a little narrow to me. I looking at picking up a 3910 and wanted to make sure it would fit between the fenders of my trailer (76") Appreciate any help you can offer.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #2  
I’ve got 14.9x 28 tires and my 6’ blade barely covers the tire imprint in the dirt. I would like to say 74” is likely.
I could move them in just a little bit more but they would be very close to the fender.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #3  
Get the one you want to load measured. Tread setting and tire size matter. What somebody else’s 3930 measures does not.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels
Appreciate the responses...all good info and advice. Thinking about eventually upgrading my trailer (over fender) so a couple of inches doesn't become a problem. Thanks again.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #5  
Just for you I went out and measured my 3910 with 13.6x28s, on what looks to be an OEM dished in installation. The rear axle hubs are 66" outer dimension. The max tire width is 4 ¼" wider than the hub. Making a second measurement across the tires, both dimensions agree and the number is 74 ½". Looks like my tractor would fit nicely on your trailer. For what it's worth, I have a 6 ½' inside dimensioned, (popular) conventional 16' tandem axle trailer and I brought my tractor home on it.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels
Just for you I went out and measured my 3910 with 13.6x28s, on what looks to be an OEM dished in installation. The rear axle hubs are 66" outer dimension. The max tire width is 4 シ" wider than the hub. Making a second measurement across the tires, both dimensions agree and the number is 74 ス". Looks like my tractor would fit nicely on your trailer. For what it's worth, I have a 6 ス' inside dimensioned, (popular) conventional 16' tandem axle trailer and I brought my tractor home on it.

Texasmark, Much appreciate the effort taken to measure it out for me! I bought this thing off auction today and found out it has the bigger tires on back (14.9x28 I think) that measure 78" across the rear tires. I thought about trying to squeeze it on there, but finally opted to pay for delivery. Needless to say I will have a trailer up for sale soon and be looking for a replacement. Thanks again.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #7  
Air the tires up to rather high pressures, like 40, and it might fit into a 76" trailer.

/ Ford 3910 Width at Rear Wheels #8  
After it gets home, you might have a look at getting your 14.9s on there. Your owners/service manual shows widths for a given wheel arrangement and tire. Since ag tire sidewalls are soft, I'd go the other way if it's really close....let the air out so the sidewall will compress as you drive on. Beats having to buy a new trailer.

Playing with some numbers: 14.9-13.6 = 1.3" total...(half for each side} which would make my tractor on my trailer 74 ½ + 1.3 is barely LESS than the available width of 76 so it would fit your current trailer.