Ford 3910

/ Ford 3910
Yes, you might be able to borrow the 3pt from the 2600, not sure. The 3910 is a CAT I/II system. But you still might be able to make it work.

Your 2600 earns it's keep doesn't it!!!!! :)
I've had more fun with this and a chainsaw than pretty much anything else that I've done. It's been through **** and back and keeps on going.

/ Ford 3910
I think it would be fun to try and put that 3910 back together, if you can do it for a respasonable price. You could end up with a real workhorse at a bargain price, many tractor buyers can't see past the sheet metal damage and missing 3 pt parts, so probably not much competition for it.
My thoughts exactly. It just so halpens that my brother in law needs a tractor, so I could just give him my 2600 if I end up aquiring something like this 3910.

/ Ford 3910 #13  
I'd go for it, at that price. It would be a nice upgrade, size-wise. It would be a fun project too!

Chris

/ Ford 3910
I'd go for it, at that price. It would be a nice upgrade, size-wise. It would be a fun project too!

Chris

I'm working on it. It's a couple hours away, so I'm trying to get as much info from him before I commit to a drive down there. Btw, just the power steering alone would be a nice upgrade. Lol!

/ Ford 3910
Alright guys, it looks like he can transport the tractor to a place near my work since he services one of the memorial parks here. I should be able to check it out one day this week. Do you guys have an example of a bill of sale that you have used in the past or do you think that really isn't needed. I'm thinking about offering him $2800 and not going higher than $3000 if he counters (I hope he isn't reading this Lol!). I think that sounds reasonable if everything works. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not real experienced at negotiating these kinds of things.

/ Ford 3910 #16  
A Bill of Sale can be simply hand written on a piece of paper with each party signing. "I (sellers name) hereby sell (tractor description with serial number) to (buyers name) for (amount of money), followed by signatures.

Look forward to the results and your progress with the tractor if you get it bought!!!

/ Ford 3910
A Bill of Sale can be simply hand written on a piece of paper with each party signing. "I (sellers name) hereby sell (tractor description with serial number) to (buyers name) for (amount of money), followed by signatures.

Look forward to the results and your progress with the tractor if you get it bought!!!

Thanks for the info! I just talked to him and he said he won't take a penny less than $3500. I'm still seriously considering it at that. He said he has someone kind of interested so I might need to move on it now. He doesn't think he will be able to come to Richmond with it now, which is a little frustrating. He probably knows that it he will get it sold regardless. He's not the owner of the machine, but the individual responsible for selling it. Here are a couple more pics.

uploadfromtaptalk1458136727887.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1458136742158.jpg

/ Ford 3910 #18  
He's right, it will sell without him having to haul it anywhere.

The first picture answers a concern I had. Looks like the 3pt assembly is in place under the seat. All it's missing is the linkages that you might be able to "borrow" from your 2600.

I guess you have to decide if it's worth $3500 to you. I can't help you with that.

You could spend $1500 on this tractor and have an excellent 3910 that would give you a lot of service for years to come.

/ Ford 3910 #19  
I would just be sure that the only thing you need for the hydraulics are the external 3-pt linkages. How will you test that the pump, lift cylinder, draft/position control are working OK, no leak down, etc? And of course check out how the engine is running, clutch, pto, etc.

You probably should get moving on it and check it out one way or the other, before someone else does.

/ Ford 3910
I talked to the guy again today (nice fellow) and he didn't want to budge on the price of $3500 (down from $3850). He said he's sold 3 other tractors like this one that had everything and looked better cosmetically for around 6k. He could just buy the parts and paint it and proabably still make a grand. I think I am going to pull the trigger on it.

I really need something like this to run the augger. With the 2 spool valves I'm thinking about doing a skip loader type setup with a hydro top link and one on the leveler side. What do you guys think about that? I have a lot of site work I need to do this summer.