Ford 3930 Transmission

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #1  

Bradlyk

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 3930, Ford 6600, Agco Aliss 5670, Deutz D10006, Deutz D10006A
Hi Guys,
Long time viewer first time "poster"
I having trouble with my ford 3930 the transmission will work fine for the first 15 minutes of work without stopping for a break but after the 15 minutes are over the FRONT/NEUTRAL/REVERSE lever doesn't seem to work like you can put in gear but when you let go of the clutch it doesn't move:mad:
Do any of you guys know what the problem is
Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
SAM_0038.jpg

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #2  
Are you sure it is the transmission and not the clutch? When the tractor is cold and you do a hard pull is there any slipping of the clutch?

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #3  
Basically, you have an auto transmission for your forward and revers. My experience with auto trans that quit after a short time, is the suction screen is pluged with clutch materal. If you let it sit for an hour or so, does it work for 15 minets, then stop again. I would be looking for a pluged filter or screen, or4 both.
Dave

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #4  
Basically, you have an auto transmission for your forward and revers. My experience with auto trans that quit after a short time, is the suction screen is pluged with clutch materal. If you let it sit for an hour or so, does it work for 15 minets, then stop again. I would be looking for a pluged filter or screen, or4 both.
Dave

This is most definitely not an "auto transmission'. It is a gear drive transmission with a mechanical shuttle and dry, single disc clutch. Making incorrect guesses and posting bad information does everyone here a disservice, especially the guy who is seeking help.

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #5  
Hi Guys,
Long time viewer first time "poster"
I having trouble with my ford 3930 the transmission will work fine for the first 15 minutes of work without stopping for a break but after the 15 minutes are over the FRONT/NEUTRAL/REVERSE lever doesn't seem to work like you can put in gear but when you let go of the clutch it doesn't move:mad:
Do any of you guys know what the problem is
Help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers
SAM_0038.jpg

Your symptoms match those of a slipping clutch, not a transmission problem. Adjust the clutch operating rod to provide about 1-1/2" of free travel at the pedal. If that doesn't bring back normal operation, you will need a clutch replacement.

/ Ford 3930 Transmission
Your symptoms match those of a slipping clutch, not a transmission problem. Adjust the clutch operating rod to provide about 1-1/2" of free travel at the pedal. If that doesn't bring back normal operation, you will need a clutch replacement.
Is the operating rod visible? or do I hafto take something apart?

/ Ford 3930 Transmission
I don't know if this helps diagnosing the problem but before this we were having problems with the HIGH/LOW button not transmission lever but button

/ Ford 3930 Transmission #8  
I don't know if this helps diagnosing the problem but before this we were having problems with the HIGH/LOW button not transmission lever but button

From your first post, I thought that you had a hydraulic cluch pack for forward and revers. Now you post that you have a hi-low botton. Now I'm old school, and when I see a botton shift, it's an electrical shifter, that atvates a hydraulic clutch pack. As I'm not familiar with a ford 3930, What kind of trans do you have.
Dave

/ Ford 3930 Transmission
From your first post, I thought that you had a hydraulic cluch pack for forward and revers. Now you post that you have a hi-low botton. Now I'm old school, and when I see a botton shift, it's an electrical shifter, that atvates a hydraulic clutch pack. As I'm not familiar with a ford 3930, What kind of trans do you have.
Dave

It is a gear drive transmission with a mechanical shuttle and dry, single disc clutch. With a dual power switch.

I brought it in to get fixed the other day and just got called today as the mechanic split'er in half and said it had to witdo h something with the dual power not quite sure yet
Will keep updated and take pics when she gets back

/ Ford 3930 Transmission
Went and paid a visit to the shop with the 3930 and he is just waiting for a few parts and then she is mine once again :)