ford 4400 specs.

/ ford 4400 specs. #1  

firestorm

Howdy guys, I am new to this site, but not new to tractors. I have a Ford 4400 loader/tractor that has a blown head gasket and some blow-by. After removing the head and inspecting the pistons and cylinder, I found the pistons are marked '040'. This tells me the cylinders have been honed .040 over original specs. The local dealer is being a total jerk, and not wanting to give me the information I need, instead they want me to bring it to them for repairs. I know that sometimes there are members of a board who work for dealerships, and have access to the information I need. What I need to know is:
What are the specs for the cylinder bore?
What are the over-size limits for headland pistons?
What would I be looking at as far as prices for cylinder sleeves, pistons, rings, gaskets?
Thanks guys.

/ ford 4400 specs. #2  
A 4400 would be a 4.4 standard bore, .040 is as far as you go without some custom machine work, or having a set of sleeves made. Why do you think you have Headland pistons?. If I remember right, after you leave standard bore, you don't have Headlands. I'd look for another engine, every 4000 series, 555,A,B series backhoe, 4500, 4600, 4610, 545 all ran the 201 ci engine

/ ford 4400 specs.
Thanks for the response, I was afraid of that. The pistons are recessed in the center about 1.5" deep. I guess the next step is to look for an engine, they want $7k for an engine, and $5.5k for a short block. I'll have to keep looking.