Ford 4400

/ Ford 4400 #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
In my continuing quest for a tractor with a loader to run hay equipment, I saw an ad from a dealer in Vermont for a Ford 4400 with a loader. I know it's an industrial tractor. I called them and it has a three point hitch (not all industrials do), and they say it runs well and is in good shape. They're replacing a hydraulic pump, and it will be ready next week. They're asking $4250. I'm thinking of checking it out next week when they have it ready. Does anyone have any experience with this tractor?

Thanks!

Rich
"What a long strange trip it's been."

/ Ford 4400 #2  
We have one with a backhoe on it. Extremly tough tractors but not too different then a 4000. Biggest noticable difference between the ag and industrial versions of that Ford is the front axel as the industrial is extremly heavy. As far as power it has plenty, ours is in need of a rebuild pretty soon but there is no problems with the tranny or anything else and the hydraulics work fine after all these years. It was used pretty hard as it use to work at a college and they beat the crap out of it, it had the 3pt on it that we removed when we added the backhoe and the only real problem right now is the starter needs to be rebuilt as it doesn't like to work properly right now. The loader is nice on this unit as well, slow hydraulics but extremly strong and sturdy. If you use a new joystick loader you will find it is annoying using the 2 lever control but you will get use to it. It should do what you want it to do and I think you would be able to get it for around $3800. Have fun.